Got ITA.. Proof of work experience ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zara1986 said:
Hi,

My previous work is out of business. How do I write a letter of employment?

Thanks
There are workarounds available - not every organization is going to provide reference letters for CIC. Get your ex-colleagues/ex-supervisor to sign a "To whoever this may concern" type declaration that you prepare which has everything CIC needs on a reference letter. Include all the details about your employment including company name/contact/URL, designation, roles & responsibilities, tenure of employment, supervisor name/designation/contact details, working hours/week, full-time employment and salary details. Collect their business card as well. Get this declaration notarized and upload it and the business card along with a nicely drafted LOE that highlights your unsuccessful efforts at obtaining a reference letter in the required format from your employer because they have shut shop and politely requests the officer to consider your application as complete and process the same on its merits. Add any other supporting document including pay stubs, job offer letter etc to reinforce the declaration. Inform your ex-colleagues/ex-supervisor to possibly expect a call from CIC (unlikely to happen with everyone but they do call if they doubt the legitimacy of employment).

If your ex-colleagues/ex-supervisor refuse to sign such a declaration, sign it yourself as a last resort and make it sound like a self declaration, get it notarized and upload along with an LOE that highlights your unsuccessful attempts at getting such a letter from even your ex-colleagues/ex-supervisor and politely request the officer to consider your application as complete in all respects.

All the best!

Mar 18, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

Its great to see someone giving apt replies to all the newbies. I have received an ITA (CRS 463) and have these basic queries. Would be really grateful if you can guide me with these.

1) Me and My wife both have a same CRS score and have received ITAs. Only one of us need to apply and other has to decline the ITA right?
2) I am a Self Employed Business Person. I have worked as a Managing Director of an Education Institute for 9 years. As a Proof of employment i can submit my Income Tax Returns, Balance Sheets, Past student Reference Letters, Suppliers Bills, Past Newspapers Advertisements, Past Bank Statements and Letters, etc. I had prepared a whole bunch of documents to be submitted for OOPNP, which i can now use for FSW ITA.
3) On the other hand, my wife has been working officially in my organisation as an employee. The supporting documents like Employment Letter, Appointment Letter, Income Tax Returns, etc can be produced.

Kindly suggest who should apply as a Primary Applicant and what all documents would be enough to justify the cause.

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamalforcanada said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

Its great to see someone giving apt replies to all the newbies. I have received an ITA (CRS 463) and have these basic queries. Would be really grateful if you can guide me with these.

1) Me and My wife both have a same CRS score and have received ITAs. Only one of us need to apply and other has to decline the ITA right?

Yes. I'm presuming both of you have mentioned that you are married and included each other in your respective EE profiles.

2) I am a Self Employed Business Person. I have worked as a Managing Director of an Education Institute for 9 years. As a Proof of employment i can submit my Income Tax Returns, Balance Sheets, Past student Reference Letters, Suppliers Bills, Past Newspapers Advertisements, Past Bank Statements and Letters, etc. I had prepared a whole bunch of documents to be submitted for OOPNP, which i can now use for FSW ITA.

That should suffice for proof of employment. How about proof of NOC? Which NOC have you chosen and how are you getting roles & responsibilities in your letter?

3) On the other hand, my wife has been working officially in my organisation as an employee. The supporting documents like Employment Letter, Appointment Letter, Income Tax Returns, etc can be produced.

Yet again, where is the proof of NOC?

Kindly suggest who should apply as a Primary Applicant and what all documents would be enough to justify the cause.

I recommend your wife be the PA. It is always easier to prove an employee's NOC by way of getting a reference letter from the HR/supervisor than trying to prove it for a self-employed individual. It will be even better if your entire employment can be taken off from your wife's profile because it is adding no points to her CRS so that your personalized checklist doesn't ask for your work reference documents.

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

Thanks alot for your quick reply.

As you rightly said, we both have mentioned each others' details in our individual profiles.

The NOC code chosen for me is 0014 (Senior Manager - Education, Health, etc) and my profile is "MANAGING DIRECTOR".
The NOC Code chosen for my wife too is 0014 and her profile is "SENIOR MANAGER".

The work profile, roles & responsibilities of both of us very well match the ones mentioned in NOC explanations on CIC website. However the query is, if i proceed with my Wife as a PA, then her Employment Reference Letters & Appointment Letter will be signed by me. Even the Verification will be addressed to me. Will that be fine for CIC or they will reject the case as the employer and employee are related.

I even have the FORM 16 documents for my wife for all years (except for the last year), which is a proof of Tax Filed by her as a salaried employee of my Firm.

Confused as i have all the required documents to very well prove the existence of my business as well as my role as a managing director, but still the mindset of the evaluating officer for 'Business Experience' in general could play foul.

Suggest.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamalforcanada said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

Thanks alot for your quick reply.

As you rightly said, we both have mentioned each others' details in our individual profiles.

The NOC code chosen for me is 0014 (Senior Manager - Education, Health, etc) and my profile is "MANAGING DIRECTOR".
The NOC Code chosen for my wife too is 0014 and her profile is "SENIOR MANAGER".

The work profile, roles & responsibilities of both of us very well match the ones mentioned in NOC explanations on CIC website. However the query is, if i proceed with my Wife as a PA, then her Employment Reference Letters & Appointment Letter will be signed by me. Even the Verification will be addressed to me. Will that be fine for CIC or they will reject the case as the employer and employee are related.

I even have the FORM 16 documents for my wife for all years (except for the last year), which is a proof of Tax Filed by her as a salaried employee of my Firm.

Confused as i have all the required documents to very well prove the existence of my business as well as my role as a managing director, but still the mindset of the evaluating officer for 'Business Experience' in general could play foul.

Suggest.
That's why I said get it signed by the HR officer is there is one. Else it does sound like collusion between 2 parties. 2 options.

1. Your wife is the PA and reference letter is signed by the HR or any other senior supervisor in the firm except you. This will be the easiest way out.

2. You are the PA. Remove your wife's work experience completely from your profile and provide all possible documents in support of your NOC as you've mentioned earlier. This is certainly doable but I recommended Option 1 only because it is easier, on average, to prove NOCs for employees than for self employed professionals.

Either ways, hope everything works out well for both of you. All the best!

PS: You are a good example in the forum for people who keep questioning why someone would want to move to Canada even when they are doing fairly well in their home country. I'm sure you have very good reasons to do this and hope other members take note of your profile before generalizing about immigrants in general and sub-continent immigrants in particular. :)

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Lets say i get my experience letter now and supply the pay slips from now until the time i submit ARP ( i see a high chance in next 2 months) do you think it will be accepted or CIC is looking for a recent letter as possible? In both cases highest score I claim is for 3 years (foreign experience) so anyway it will satisfied.

Thanks and rgds

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliveli33 said:
Hi Asivad,

Lets say i get my experience letter now and supply the pay slips from now until the time i submit ARP ( i see a high chance in next 2 months) do you think it will be accepted or CIC is looking for a recent letter as possible? In both cases highest score I claim is for 3 years (foreign experience) so anyway it will satisfied.

Thanks and rgds
It is preferable to get the letter as close to post ITA submission as possible simply because it eliminates any chances of doubts creeping in. But if you're forced to get the letter much earlier, it wouldn't hurt your chances provided you were meeting program eligibility and/or CRS points as on the date you got the letter.

asivrp41

Dec 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts -
I have a similar situation and need advise. I got my ITA and the list of documents required. I have worked for the same company right from start but in different countries (India, US and back in India for about 4 months and now in Canada) so there are 4 line items in my experience list.

So it is asking me for 4 different Employment records, what do i do? My employer will give one with the entire duration and job duties, should i upload the same and probably write an explanation letter to CIC explaining the situation?

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asivrp41 said:
Hello Experts -
I have a similar situation and need advise. I got my ITA and the list of documents required. I have worked for the same company right from start but in different countries (India, US and back in India for about 4 months and now in Canada) so there are 4 line items in my experience list.

So it is asking me for 4 different Employment records, what do i do? My employer will give one with the entire duration and job duties, should i upload the same and probably write an explanation letter to CIC explaining the situation?

Thanks in advance.
You can do that. Or you can edit your work history to have fewer line items - try arranging the experience by NOC or by job title instead of geography. That ways, if your NOC did not change at all, you can show it as a single line item and then the system will prompt you for only 1 document.

asivrp41

Dec 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad. But i don't think we have an option of grouping it since they ask for specific dates and the country/place where we worked. I am thinking of attaching the same and attaching a explanation letter.

Also i am thinking of asking my employer to provide the letter of experience with enough info that will cover all these geo locations. Let me see.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asivrp41 said:
Thanks Asivad. But i don't think we have an option of grouping it since they ask for specific dates and the country/place where we worked. I am thinking of attaching the same and attaching a explanation letter.

Also i am thinking of asking my employer to provide the letter of experience with enough info that will cover all these geo locations. Let me see.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks.
Do they ask for that in work history? That is surprising. When I filled in my post ITA profile, I don't recall being asked for dates. They did ask for country of work but that can be safely covered with just 1 LOE rather than uploading the same reference letter multiple times. Probably CIC has made some changes from the time I did this exercise.

asivrp41

Dec 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Work History section has From, To Dates + Location details also now.

Thanks

mv220481

Jul 19, 2015
Hi,

Can you post the text from CIC regarding work experience proof documents.
What kind of documents they requested (please copy and paste from your CIC)?

It would be really helpful to prepare the documents in advance..

Regards