+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA but work permit is going to expire

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Hi there,
I got my ITA in March, but My work permit is expiring mid of May, if I submit all the requirement documents for ITA in second stage before my work permit expiring, and then use temporary file number to apply BOWP, am I able to get BRidge Open Work Permit?

Or if my work permit expired without valid work permit, is my case still going?

Thank you.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Rakikira,

I see, my plan is to summit all requires documents before mid of April, I might get a temparary number right away, and in the mid of May (before work permit expiring), use that number to apply extention BOWP one year.

Is that temparary number call AOR?
What do you think, is it gonna work?

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There wont be any temporary or permanent number. AOR contains your EE application number. And yes with that AOR you can apply for BOWP and there are very good(99%) chances that you will get the BOWP for one year or six months. But I can not guarantee you on the application result/decision, because it is all depend on the officer.

Good Luck :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rakikira said:
There wont be any temporary or permanent number. AOR contains your EE application number. And yes with that AOR you can apply for BOWP and there are very good(99%) chances that you will get the BOWP for one year or six months. But I can not guarantee you on the application result/decision, because it is all depend on the officer.

Good Luck :)
No, you can't apply for the BOWP until you receive the Positive Eligibility Review not the automatic AOR.

rakikira

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM,

Yes I do agree. But please see the below quote from BOWP page:

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

No, you can't apply for the BOWP until you receive the Positive Eligibility Review not the automatic AOR.
Hi PMM, rakikira

So what can I do with this case, I will have only one month valid work permit after I submit all the required documents (employment letters.... It really take times to collect all of them), I heart that it may take around two months to get AOR or "the Positive Eligibility"after submit required documents, may I use my AINP file number to apply BOWP, even I know I will get failed, at least I will have around two more months legally to stay and wait the EE result or AOR..... Of cause I will update my condition to CIC like I am still working for my current employer.

Is this plan workable?

Thank you.

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
Maybe consider applying for the BOWP through mail. It will give you a little bit more time to gather the documents. Include a cover letter with UCI, explaining your situation. Hopefully everything works out. I am in your exact same situation.

Best of luck.

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
cedfeliz said:
Maybe consider applying for the BOWP through mail. It will give you a little bit more time to gather the documents. Include a cover letter with UCI, explaining your situation. Hopefully everything works out. I am in your exact same situation.

Best of luck.
Thank you, cedfeliz
My consultant told me the same way, hopefully things going well to you and me!
Fingers crossed.....