+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ITA and my passport only has 60 days of validity! Renewal after AOR?

Mar 6, 2021
So essentially I got my ITA 3 weeks ago and I've been collecting the required documents since then! I only noticed that I've got 2 months validity left on my passport and I've already gotten my POFs with my current passport number and have booked a upfront medical with it! The question is will I be able to submit my application with this passport and then renew it after AOR and submit it through the IRCC webform? Is it something that anyone advises against it?
I've searched the official web pages regarding travel documents and it's kinda vague as quoted below! After some digging it seems like it should be valid through the whole EE process and sources stress on having 6 months validity for COPR!
"If you’re applying through Express Entry, you should renew your passport if it expires within 6 months from the day you apply for permanent residence. Then, update your new passport information in your application. This will ensure it’s valid when we process your application."

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
So essentially I got my ITA 3 weeks ago and I've been collecting the required documents since then! I only noticed that I've got 2 months validity left on my passport and I've already gotten my POFs with my current passport number and have booked a upfront medical with it! The question is will I be able to submit my application with this passport and then renew it after AOR and submit it through the IRCC webform? Is it something that anyone advises against it?
I've searched the official web pages regarding travel documents and it's kinda vague as quoted below! After some digging it seems like it should be valid through the whole EE process and sources stress on having 6 months validity for COPR!
"If you’re applying through Express Entry, you should renew your passport if it expires within 6 months from the day you apply for permanent residence. Then, update your new passport information in your application. This will ensure it’s valid when we process your application."
I got my ITA in Nov and renewed my passport in Dec then went for PCC and medical. I believe your passport has to be "valid" during the initial check or it might be considered incomplete.
Best is to renew it before AOR.
As for medicals, I think you can go for it. Just update in LOE that your medical is in old passport.