+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got deported from the states

adrijan

Jan 26, 2012
hi i got deported from the states due to overstay, im a canadian citizen and i was not aware at the time that canadians can stay 6 months in a year period in the states so i went to the states in 2008 jan after six months i came back to toronto thinking to extend my visa to make a exit, and than i went back to the states, after 5 or 6 months i was staying in Los Angeles and the time came to extend my visa so i was thinking instead of canada i will extended in mexico, i went to mexico the Tijuana border my friend drove we enter mexico made a u- turn and in line to enter the us, the officer asked me what am i doing in mexico i told him i came to make a exit and extend my visa she star laughing, after they took me to jail and i had to spend 38 days in jail so they can deport me to toronto, the immigration officer told me that i dont have to worry im not being charged for anything its just a overstay, and i will be band from the states for 5yrs
im reading in other forums i see its 3 yrs.
so after 5 yrs i will be able to enter the states or i will need waiver?
and i want to apply for a work visa in the states this will affect my chances of getting visa?

let me know pls