+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT DENIED BY LICO REQUIREMENTS

girl2nv

Aug 14, 2018
Hi Everyone :)

Got denied by LICO requirements and not sure if immigration will issue deportation order for my husband...has this happened to anyone, what do you do after this happens?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Everyone :)

Got denied by LICO requirements and not sure if immigration will issue deportation order for my husband...has this happened to anyone, what do you do after this happens?
I'm confused, LICO is not applicable to spouse sponsorship. Why would your husband be deported?

girl2nv

Aug 14, 2018
My husband has 3 kids, of which, one had a baby, so now LICO applied and Idont meet financial requirements so Im not sure what happens

girl2nv

Aug 14, 2018
I got a letter saying that Im not an "eligible" sponsor, meanwhile we been waiting since 2014...they sent us to do one thing after another including DNA test and medicals expired and we had to do another oneand now 4.5 years later they denied me as a sponsor and advised him that his sponsor doesnt meet financial requirements, we have 30 days to provide additional information (which we dont have), so I guess his sponsorship going to be refused and what happens from there? will they issue a deportation order to go back home?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
who are you trying to sponsor? this is confusing. he is in canada? on a visa of sort? are you sponsoring your husband? there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What is his status in Canada now (visitor visa, Work permit)? Having read your previous posts, seems the daughter had a child. Are the children in Canada now as well? If she isn't married or in a common law relationship, I don't see much hope for the application until she is 22 and you apply again. Otherwise, you may want to consider an H&C application.

girl2nv

Aug 14, 2018
My husband originally came to Canada as a visitor, once here he applied for refugee status (he has not been before refugee board) as I married him and sponsored him here before he was called...my income apparently doesnt meet LICO requirements, however what I want to kno is...now that the application will be refused, what happens? Will they send him back home or can he stay here with me until I can re-apply when his daughter turns 22?

girl2nv

Aug 14, 2018
So he has no status in Canada right now? Where is the daughter?
Not even sure what his status is...his daughter back home, not in Canada, only he is here, came 2011 on visitor visa, applied for refugee status (which he was given work permit from), then we got married in 2013, tried to sponsor him and now 2018 I get denial

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So I would assume he has no status in Canada at present (unless he has a current work permit), which means he is at risk of removal. If he has a work permit, he should be able to remain in Canada until it expires. You could apply for H&C, but that doesn't necessarily prevent him from being removed, but won't stop the H&C processing. Or he returns to his home country, waits till the daughter is 22 and you apply again.

Reactions: girl2nv

girl2nv

Aug 14, 2018
Yes, he has a work permit thru the refugee program which he first applied for, and he has been on that ever since...so once this application is refused maybe he will go to refugee board for hearing

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Really, you need the advice of competent legal council. The whole thing sounds very complicated. Is his refugee claim still active? Has he had any updates or been accepted as a refugee yet? You really need to determine his actual status. In 7 years he should have had some contact with IRB about his refugee claim, whether it was an interview, withdrawal or deemed abandoned. This is all critical to where he stands (as far as status is concerned) at this point in time and what the likely outcome will be in the next little while.

Reactions: US-CAN_Love