+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got deferred. Anything I should know?

rednessjunk

Jul 1, 2022
Hello.

I applied for SDS last year and got approved but only after one month after classes started. I contacted the school and they deferred me to next (this) year.

Will my SDS application still be valid when I come to Canada this year even though my SDS was for last year?

Do I have to go through anything special? Anyone else that's been through this have any useful tips for this?

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hello.

I applied for SDS last year and got approved but only after one month after classes started. I contacted the school and they deferred me to next (this) year.

Will my SDS application still be valid when I come to Canada this year even though my SDS was for last year?

Do I have to go through anything special? Anyone else that's been through this have any useful tips for this?
Your study permit is valid till the date mentioned in your Letter of Introduction (LOI), however you need to inform IRCC about your deferral and send them the updated LOA. Make sure you have the updated LOA and valid medical with you when you travel.

rednessjunk

Jul 1, 2022
Your study permit is valid till the date mentioned in your Letter of Introduction (LOI), however you need to inform IRCC about your deferral and send them the updated LOA. Make sure you have the updated LOA and valid medical with you when you travel.
Thanks for the reply.

How do I contact the IRCC of my deferral? I can't seem to find a link to do it.

rednessjunk

Jul 1, 2022
If my medical expires before I can travel in my deferred year, do you know what I can do?