+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got COPR, waiting for PR card

KLRKKLRK

May 8, 2018
Hey guys,

I received my COPR on 7th of May, 2018.

I'm still waiting for my PR card that is supposed to be emailed to me.

However, a month from now I will be going to Europe and I am afraid that my card won't arrive until I leave.

Is there any chance that I can speed up the process of getting the PR card? I know that I still have over a month before I leave Canada (so in total it will be around 75 days between receiving COPR and going to Europe) but I am really concerned that something might not work and I won't be able to come back here :)

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
PR cards are mailed by post to a Canadian address so assume you meant mailed not emailed.

There is no way to exepedite first card but should arrive in 6-8 weeks from application.

If you leave Canada before it arrives just apply for a PRTD from outside the country or come back via the US land border with your COPR assuming you have a US visa or are visa exempt.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hey guys,

I received my COPR on 7th of May, 2018.

I'm still waiting for my PR card that is supposed to be emailed to me.

However, a month from now I will be going to Europe and I am afraid that my card won't arrive until I leave.

Is there any chance that I can speed up the process of getting the PR card? I know that I still have over a month before I leave Canada (so in total it will be around 75 days between receiving COPR and going to Europe) but I am really concerned that something might not work and I won't be able to come back here :)

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Short answer : "NO".

Long answer : there is no expedited or urgent processing for your very first PR card. You will need to apply for a PRTD if your PR card is not available.

KLRKKLRK

May 8, 2018
PR cards are mailed by post to a Canadian address so assume you meant mailed not emailed.

There is no way to exepedite first card but should arrive in 6-8 weeks from application.

If you leave Canada before it arrives just apply for a PRTD from outside the country or come back via the US land border with your COPR assuming you have a US visa or are visa exempt.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, obviously I meant mailed. Sorry for that typo.

Alright, I'm just hoping my card will arrive before I go to Europe...

I have another option...my cousin from Canada can send it to me when it arrives with insured FEDEX but I'm not sure if I want my PR card to travel like that :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

I have another option...my cousin from Canada can send it to me when it arrives with insured FEDEX but I'm not sure if I want my PR card to travel like that :)
That's what I used.. My parents-in-law used FedEx to send me my card.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Very common to courier PR cards. Think it is an easier option than PRTD. Given that you will be in Europe, the mail system should be somewhat reliable.

KLRKKLRK

May 8, 2018
Alright, thank you guys for your prompt responses.

I will probably get the PR card sent if it doesn't arrive before I leave to Europe.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hello,

Today in the morning I became permanent resident. Few minutes ago out of curiosity, I tried to link the pr card process on mycic account. I actually did link it and now I am gonna have updates about the pr card.

Linking the pr card application is helpful.