Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
lawgrrl said:
Anyone imported a car to B.C.? We are planning to land on May 21-22. Hubby will be driving up to Vancouver for a couple days one week prior to get a few things settled. We were thinking about exporting & importing his Oregon-plated car at that time.

Questions:
Can we simply "export" the car thru US Customs from the US that day, and leave "importing" until landing?
Can we "export" from the US, "import" to Canada, but leave B.C. registration, etc. to wait until landing? i.e., once he's declared the car, can he drive it back to the US for a week without completing the entire process?

If any of this isn't clear, please feel free to PM me to discuss. This aspect of the move really is crazy-making! ???
I don't have any advice for you but we are in a similar situation. Also in BC, but my husband and his vehicle are here already. His COPR is in the mail and the worst part is the whole importing the car headache.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
lawgrrl said:
Anyone imported a car to B.C.? We are planning to land on May 21-22. Hubby will be driving up to Vancouver for a couple days one week prior to get a few things settled. We were thinking about exporting & importing his Oregon-plated car at that time.

Questions:
Can we simply "export" the car thru US Customs from the US that day, and leave "importing" until landing?
Can we "export" from the US, "import" to Canada, but leave B.C. registration, etc. to wait until landing? i.e., once he's declared the car, can he drive it back to the US for a week without completing the entire process?

If any of this isn't clear, please feel free to PM me to discuss. This aspect of the move really is crazy-making! ???
I can only answer the first one. No, you have to export, then import it. So unless you plan on leaving your car there until you land, I would import it lol.