+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got CEC ITA for 11 months

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
I'm worried by the posts I have read on the other read, so to be safe I will decline this invite and wait for 29 days!

The good thing here is I'm able to see what an ITA looks like :p
This is the right approach. You wont regret it. Even if you had accepted it, the Agent will compare the circumstances under which you received an ITA with your e-APR (electronic Application for Permanent Residence) submission and in all likelyhood, reject your application. Even if you received the ITA owing to IRCC's system error, you still did not meet CEC criteria at ITA. You are required to meet the CEC criteria at ITA AS WELL AS your e-APR.
So patience is the key word here!

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
This is the right approach. You wont regret it. Even if you had accepted it, the Agent will compare the circumstances under which you received an ITA with your e-APR (electronic Application for Permanent Residence) submission and in all likelyhood, reject your application. Even if you received the ITA owing to IRCC's system error, you still did not meet CEC criteria at ITA. You are required to meet the CEC criteria at ITA AS WELL AS your e-APR.
I do not think anyone should reject ITA because ITA is generated based on the info one has provided. If one is mantaininma same ibfo in PR application, it is not a problem. In my case, My second work assignment started in Canada on 26 mar and I submit my AOR on Oct 9. In GCMS notes, agent treated it as 8 months of work experience.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
I do not think anyone should reject ITA because ITA is generated based on the info one has provided. If one is mantaininma same ibfo in PR application, it is not a problem. In my case, My second work assignment started in Canada on 26 mar and I submit my AOR on Oct 9. In GCMS notes, agent treated it as 8 months of work experience.
Hi deeps1987,

I appreciate your response. You were lucky to get a employment duration of 6 months, 2 weeks judged as 8 months. But we need to be aware that there is some subjectivity in the way agents/ officers assess work experience (owing to their discretionary powers which are not easily challenged).
The reasons why I would personally decline the invite are as below:
1. To qualify for CEC, the applicant must meet BOTH 1560 hours AND 52 weeks of work (as max. 30 hours a week are accounted by IRCC)
For qualification under CEC, refer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=377&top=29
For assessing 1 year work experience, refer thread and response by Scylla.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/1-year-work-experience-hours-weeks-canadian-experience-class-cec.467182/#post-5675460
2. Although the employment duration is filled in the 'Year-Month' format, the exact dates mentioned in the Work Reference letter from the employer may be scrutinised by the assessing agent/ officer.
3. As per IRCC, if an applicant does not meet the criteria of the stream he was invited to apply, the application may be refused.
Refer Point 2 mentioned in the post below:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-in-january-2017-connect-here.467258/page-84#post-5761831
3. After declining an Invite an applicant still stays in the pool and is likely to be invited to apply under future draws. Hence, the rather than risk being refused - it is better to be patient and wait for a new invite (of course, assuming that your CRS score is adequate to make the cut in future draws)

In another similar case from July 2018 - refer to DelPiero07's recommendation in the thread below.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/received-cec-invitation-without-completing-one-year-accept-or-decline.573748/#post-7109615

Lastly, and despite all of the above, its the applicants call. If the draw happens on a low CRS score and there is no chance of the CRS score of future draws dropping as low, then the applicant is free to make his choice and take the risk.

asaxena26

Oct 27, 2018
Hi all,

I got an ITA because my score suddenly increased. I was not expecting it. I started my work here April last year and I was expecting my score NOT to increase until next month.

So I was really surprised when I got an invitation under CEC. I reviewed my profile and it still says there April 2016 was my start of work here in Canada.

I'm confused why my score suddenly increased and got CEC invite.

I read in another thread that I have to decline this invite because my work experience is only 11 months. But what is happening here? Does CIC have a bug in their selection process? Why did it think that I'm eligible for CEC when my profile clearly says I started working here April of last year?

Any thoughts?
Hi ...
I have similar kind of case - Would you please advise based on your experience.

Working in Canada on closed WP.

1) EE profile created after gaining 1 year of canadian experience.
2) I will be completing 2 years on June 17th
3) Today my EE profile automatically got updated and I gained 23 points(for 2 years work exp).
Note : NOC - 2174 , Previous score 452 , Current Score - 475

Now, I am in dilemma if I get ITA in next draw , would I be eligible to accept it ? Or should I wait till I actually complete my 2 years of canadian work exp.

Kindly advise.

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
Hi, I am also in the same boat.... do you think we can accept ITA and submit the profile as soon as complete 1 year...as this is IRCC system who made us CEC eligible and not us who is claiming these points.

RAMAN253

May 2, 2021
Hey chonji, same situation here. I will complete 2 years in April and I got my ITA March 1st. What I'm doing I'm gathering all the documents and I will apply after the due date. Are sure we have to decline the invitation?
Hi I am in same situation. After accepting ita in 11 month. Did you got a PR? Please reply me your answer is everything for me.

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
Hi I am in same situation. After accepting ita in 11 month. Did you got a PR? Please reply me your answer is everything for me.
My friend got his ITA in 11 months. He submitted all his docs after completing 12 months. He received his COPR recently. Hope it helps.

amarverma42

Apr 13, 2018
I myself had received ITA in 11 months. Submitted application 1 week before completing my 12 months. I am PR now.

Hope it helps!

jinn77

Apr 18, 2024
Hello. What to do if I have already submitted my PR application before knowing that I should wait for reaching the 12-month of experience? Is there a way to send any letter of explanation or additional documents to prove that I am still working up to the present? Please give me some input guys. Im so stressed and anxious because I submitted my application after I received my ITA on the 11-month of experience.

jinn77

Apr 18, 2024
Hello what to do if I have submitted after I received an invitation? Iam unaware that I have to wait for another month to reach the 12-month experience