+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got canadian passport, now what to do with the indian one?

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
lol yes; i wanted to get the OCI which would have allowed me to skip the visa situation. however, since april (yes, april) i've been getting the BLS in ottawa telling me to send them "corrections" or new documents and as a result, i do not have the surrender certificate needed to apply for OCI.

so there goes my idea of using OCI. and that's why as i decided to "screw oci, i will just get a visa" - i notice now they say 30 days processing time and e-VISA is still not re-opened.

PS: im in toronto, and they dont have any dates available for appointment (i prefer toronto location than brampton)
Apply for an entry visa on medical grounds. I did that for my daughter who was born in Canada and got the visa in 4 days.

Yourname

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
as an update to everyone: i canceled my trip to india. 3 days after cancelation, just as my amazing luck would have it, eVisa got reinstated lol. and about 10 days after that, i received my surrender certificate.

now as i was preparing to file for my own OCI, i am wondering if i should do the same for both my little kids who ever born here?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
as an update to everyone: i canceled my trip to india. 3 days after cancelation, just as my amazing luck would have it, eVisa got reinstated lol. and about 10 days after that, i received my surrender certificate.

now as i was preparing to file for my own OCI, i am wondering if i should do the same for both my little kids who ever born here?
I would suggest to apply OCI for the kids as well.

• Love
Reactions: Yourname