+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got an NOI - IELTS and EE profile about to expire - HELP PLS!

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hello,

I urgently need some advice.

I received a NOI from Ontario today - 27 October 2021.

My IELTS expires on 8 November 2021.

My EE profile expires on 22 November 2021, but will no longer be valid from 8 November 2021 when my IELTS is no longer valid.

I have booked to redo IELTS on 6 November 2021 - computer based. I should get my new results by 11 November 2021.

How do I address this situation?

Do I wait until I have my new IELTS results and new EE profile before I submit an application to OINP? And include a letter of explanation? If I do this, do I need to get the same CLB band for IELTS as I got initally?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello,

My EE profile expires on 22 November 2021, but will no longer be valid from 8 November 2021 when my IELTS is no longer valid.

I have booked to redo IELTS on 6 November 2021 - computer based. I should get my new results by 11 November 2021.

Do I wait until I have my new IELTS results and new EE profile before I submit an application to OINP? And include a letter of explanation? If I do this, do I need to get the same CLB band for IELTS as I got initally?
Congratulations!

1. Submit your OINP application before November 08, 2021.

2. Once your new IELTS scores are ready (you don't need to achieve 8777 again), submit the copy of your new IELTS to OINP team.

3. Once your profile is expired, create a new EE profile. Write an email to OINP and submit your new Job code and EE number to them. When your nomination is issued, it will be credited to your new EE profile.

Join the below thread and feel free to post your queries out there:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ontario-tech-draw-october-27-2021.748198/

Reactions: calgal90

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Congratulations!

1. Submit your OINP application before November 08, 2021.

2. Once your new IELTS scores are ready (you don't need to achieve 8777 again), submit the copy of your new IELTS to OINP team.

3. Once your profile is expired, create a new EE profile. Write an email to OINP and submit your new Job code and EE number to them. When your nomination is issued, it will be credited to your new EE profile.

Join the below thread and feel free to post your queries out there:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ontario-tech-draw-october-27-2021.748198/
Thank you. The website says this though: "You must have a valid profile in the Express Entry system from when you apply until you are nominated."

If I withdraw and create a new profile after my application has been submitted, there will be a period of a few hours where I won't have a valid profile. Will this be OK if I provide an explanation letter?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Thank you. The website says this though: "You must have a valid profile in the Express Entry system from when you apply until you are nominated."

If I withdraw and create a new profile after my application has been submitted, there will be a period of a few hours where I won't have a valid profile. Will this be OK if I provide an explanation letter?
You don't need to withdraw your profile. Once your profile is "expired" on November 22, 2021, create your new profile very next day and write an email to OINP and share your details (Job seeker code and EE profile) with them.

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hello,

I had a similar issue. My IELTS expired in a day after I submitted my application to OINP on 11th August 2021. However my redo IELTS results were scheduled to be available only after 17th Aug 2021. In other words, I did not have a valid profile for a week. I sent an email to OINP explaining this and asking for time to provide the new profile number and job seeker code since IELTS results were not available. I was asked to send a signed LOE. I did it and sent them the new details after a week. Got an update instantly saying that it was appended to my application. However, the funny thing was I needn't have worried so much since my application was taken up for assessment only in mid Sept 2021. Therefore, it mattered not a bit that I did not have a profile for a week in August. So, please do not panic. Everything is easily explained and sorted.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I had a similar issue. My IELTS expired in a day after I submitted my application to OINP on 11th August 2021. However my redo IELTS results were scheduled to be available only after 17th Aug 2021. In other words, I did not have a valid profile for a week. I sent an email to OINP explaining this and asking for time to provide the new profile number and job seeker code since IELTS results were not available. I was asked to send a signed LOE. I did it and sent them the new details after a week. Got an update instantly saying that it was appended to my application. However, the funny thing was I needn't have worried so much since my application was taken up for assessment only in mid Sept 2021. Therefore, it mattered not a bit that I did not have a profile for a week in August. So, please do not panic. Everything is easily explained and sorted.
Did we need the same scores again?

I got a CLB10 first time for which I got OINP HCP. I will complete my application soon so that score will be valid until I submit OINP. I take my IELTS again soon and update the new score in my profile. I practiced a lot for the first IELTS but I only need 6 minimum (CLB7) in all sections right? I am thinking of just taking it as soon as possible to keep my profile valid if I only need 6. If I need 8777 I may have to delay it a bit.

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
Did we need the same scores again?

I got a CLB10 first time for which I got OINP HCP. I will complete my application soon so that score will be valid until I submit OINP. I take my IELTS again soon and update the new score in my profile. I practiced a lot for the first IELTS but I only need 6 minimum (CLB7) in all sections right? I am thinking of just taking it as soon as possible to keep my profile valid if I only need 6. If I need 8777 I may have to delay it a bit.
I think the application freeze the day u submitted, so IELTS results u submitted was valid, then the new IELTS results will be to crate new EE profile purpose only, even if the results changed , I don't think they will mind, except if the requirement is to have a valid IELTS results valid throughout the whole process and they insisted on it. So the best way to send to them also to get confirmation and be on safe side.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
I think the application freeze the day u submitted, so IELTS results u submitted was valid, then the new IELTS results will be to crate new EE profile purpose only, even if the results changed , I don't think they will mind, except if the requirement is to have a valid IELTS results valid throughout the whole process and they insisted on it. So the best way to send to them also to get confirmation and be on safe side.
Thanks buddy