+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got AIP (on a Saturday), what next?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Got email to check my online account which shows aip. My college already deferred my start to fall 2021, the program delivery is in-person only. Can I travel to Canada? Doesn't give me much time and probably the college wont allow me to start this year anyway. Shall I wait for 2nd stage decision and then inform the college or see what they say with the aip?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If your program starts Fall 2021 then you will most probably be turned away at immigration. If you do somehow get in based on your old acceptance and stay in Canada for a year without studying then it will cause negative consequences later down the line

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
If your program starts Fall 2021 then you will most probably be turned away at immigration. If you do somehow get in based on your old acceptance and stay in Canada for a year without studying then it will cause negative consequences later down the line
I meant if for some reason my college would still accept for me for fall 2020 start, but that is impossible because in-person classes start 14th September, so I am definitely deferring to fall 2021. Question is shall I inform IRCC now or wait for full sp and new LOA before advising them? Or will they require a new application?

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Got email to check my online account which shows aip. My college already deferred my start to fall 2021, the program delivery is in-person only. Can I travel to Canada? Doesn't give me much time and probably the college wont allow me to start this year anyway. Shall I wait for 2nd stage decision and then inform the college or see what they say with the aip?
Can you share the timeline of your application and which country you applied from?