+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Admission in Humber for IT Solutions program (Sept-2014)

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Hi Guys,

I applied to Humber college for IT SOLUTIONS program and got a mail stating i have been given admission to the course.

It would be great to connect to people who are applying to the same course and college for the sept intake.
Also students who have completed the course or are currently doing the same course can give us guidance.

Thanks in advance for your replies

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Do Humber offer Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resources Management) if yes please giv me the direct link? Sep intake

1) After how many days do you provide letter of acceptance/offer letter?

2) After accepting the letter of acceptance... Amount need to be paid. how much is it? will is include insurance and material fee?

3) How many days do you take to provide the enrolment of program?

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Hi Guys,

I applied to Humber college for IT SOLUTIONS program and got a mail stating i have been given admission to the course.

It would be great to connect to people who are applying to the same course and college for the sept intake.
Also students who have completed the course or are currently doing the same course can give us guidance.

Thanks in advance for your replies
Congrats! I am thinking to apply to Humber. Appreciate if you could please let me know your education qualification and work experience?

Thanks

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
bruce9078 said:
Hi

Do Humber offer Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resources Management) if yes please giv me the direct link? Sep intake

1) After how many days do you provide letter of acceptance/offer letter?

2) After accepting the letter of acceptance... Amount need to be paid. how much is it? will is include insurance and material fee?

3) How many days do you take to provide the enrolment of program?
Hey buddy i am not a Humber representative but still i will try to answer all your questions to the best of my knowledge -

http://www.humber.ca/program/bachelor-commerce-human-resources-management this is the direct link to the official web page for Bachelors of HRM.

1 - For me it took 2 weeks to get the offer letter.
2 - The minimum amount you need to pay is the fee for first term and GIC.My fee for a single term is 7500 and yes it includes health insurance for a year.
3 - I have a doubt with this question..

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
binjoy said:
Congrats! I am thinking to apply to Humber. Appreciate if you could please let me know your education qualification and work experience?

Thanks
Below is my profile.Let me know which course you are planning for?

10th - 59.06%
12th - 50.33%
BSC IT - 69%
IELTS - 7.0 (8.0 L - 7.5 L - 6.5 S - 6.5 W )
Work Exp - 3+ years as a Software Engineer working on Java Technology.

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Hey buddy i am not a Humber representative but still i will try to answer all your questions to the best of my knowledge -

http://www.humber.ca/program/bachelor-commerce-human-resources-management this is the direct link to the official web page for Bachelors of HRM.

1 - For me it took 2 weeks to get the offer letter.
2 - The minimum amount you need to pay is the fee for first term and GIC.My fee for a single term is 7500 and yes it includes health insurance for a year.
3 - I have a doubt with this question..

Thanks!

Fees/Scholarships
The 2013/2014 fee for two semesters
international $12,950. so i need to pay is one semester to get enrollment? that would be half of what is mentioned.

What is the difference between Sheridon & Humber?

osazee64

Jan 28, 2014
i have also gotten admission to HUMBER college for wireless telecommunication.sept 2014..anyone from Nigeria going to Humber?

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
osazee64 said:
i have also gotten admission to HUMBER college for wireless telecommunication.sept 2014..anyone from Nigeria going to Humber?
Congrats buddy..
I am from india.
Any idea what would be the monthly expense we have to bear for stay and food?

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
bruce9078 said:
Thanks!

Fees/Scholarships
The 2013/2014 fee for two semesters
international $12,950. so i need to pay is one semester to get enrollment? that would be half of what is mentioned.

What is the difference between Sheridon & Humber?
They both are 2 different institutes and there would be many differences.
If you want to know which is a better institute, then here is the link where you can find out the national as well as the international ranking of the institute - http://www.webometrics.info/en/North_america/Canada

Also what are you plannign and please share your profile.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Below is my profile.Let me know which course you are planning for?

10th - 59.06%
12th - 50.33%
BSC IT - 69%
IELTS - 7.0 (8.0 L - 7.5 L - 6.5 S - 6.5 W )
Work Exp - 3+ years as a Software Engineer working on Java Technology.
Thanks!

I am planning to apply for the IT Solutions(1096S). Not sure if you also applied for the "Enterprise Development Profile".
I have the following academic grades:

10th-80%
12th -94.883%
Btech - 83.7%
Work Experience - 7 years
TOEFL - 98 (Speaking -29, Writing - 27, Reading -22 and Listening -20)

I am quite unfortunate to have got only 20 in Listening which is the major reason why I have been wondering if I should even apply :(
I checked with Humber International council. They are not being clear if they will at all accept this score or not. They want me to apply first and let the admission officer decide.
:-\

I am reading from Humber's official website that the deadline for all the applications submitted before 1st Feb will be given equal priority. Then why is that they are validating few applications much before the first deadline? This question just popped out of my mind.

Anyway, glad that many of you are through... Good luck to all who have received the offer letter :)

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
Hey Binjoy,

You have a great profile i would suggest you should apply to humber and they will surely give you admission.
Also why dont you try for Masters in universities?

BTW i have applied for Enterprise Development profile.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Hey Binjoy,

You have a great profile i would suggest you should apply to humber and they will surely give you admission.
Also why dont you try for Masters in universities?

BTW i have applied for Enterprise Development profile.
Thanks!

I know, my acads are really good. And so is the work experience. How I wish I had 2 points more for Listening. :( Quite disheartening. Anyway, I am also rethinking if I should just go ahead and apply and try my luck.

Nice! We are focused to get into the same program then :)

If it is ok, can you please answer the following questions for me?
1. When did you apply to Humber and how long did it take to get the acceptance letter?
2. Did you apply online and attach the IELTS score to the other documents that were uploaded online?
3. When are you planning to apply for Visa?
4. Will you be applying to Chandigarh or New Delhi?

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
binjoy said:
Thanks!

I know, my acads are really good. And so is the work experience. How I wish I had 2 points more for Listening. :( Quite disheartening. Anyway, I am also rethinking if I should just go ahead and apply and try my luck.

Nice! We are focused to get into the same program then :)

If it is ok, can you please answer the following questions for me?
1. When did you apply to Humber and how long did it take to get the acceptance letter?
2. Did you apply online and attach the IELTS score to the other documents that were uploaded online?
3. When are you planning to apply for Visa?
4. Will you be applying to Chandigarh or New Delhi?
Ya we almost have the same goals but you have a better profile than me ;D
I guess you should take IELTS again.
Also you should have a word with institutes as i have seen scenarios where they allow candidates to apply without the IELTS score and they give conditional offer.

1 - It took 2 weeks to get the acceptance letter from Humber.
2 - I applied via a counselor. I was planning to apply via http://www.ontariocolleges.ca but since canada counseling was free i opted to go via the counselor.
3 - Since the last day to pay the fee is 25th June i will be applying for the Visa in the month of May or June.Right now i am focusing on arranging the cash.
4 - No i will be applying via Mumbai.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Ya we almost have the same goals but you have a better profile than me ;D
I guess you should take IELTS again.
Also you should have a word with institutes as i have seen scenarios where they allow candidates to apply without the IELTS score and they give conditional offer.

1 - It took 2 weeks to get the acceptance letter from Humber.
2 - I applied via a counselor. I was planning to apply via http://www.ontariocolleges.ca but since canada counseling was free i opted to go via the counselor.
3 - Since the last day to pay the fee is 25th June i will be applying for the Visa in the month of May or June.Right now i am focusing on arranging the cash.
4 - No i will be applying via Mumbai.

Curious: Why did you mention ontariocolleges.ca? International students should apply online right?
Can you please tell me if you applied online or you sent your documents and application form through postal service?