+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a work permit for just 18 months.

anveshaluwala

Jul 23, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have come to Canada in Jan 2011. I completed my Master's education in April 2012 and then applied for a Post graduation work permit.

So, my study period in Canada is 16 months and I got a work permit for just 18 months.

I was expecting a 3 year work permit, since my "lenght of the program" is 2 years. And I thought the length of the program is considered rather than lenght of study. Is the work permit I got appropriate to my case?

Can I speak to any Immigration people and sort this out or atleast do I have a chance to re-apply. I'm worried because getting a PGWP extension is hard.

Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks,

Anvesh

lily21

Jul 8, 2012
Hmm maybe it depends on your course credits or something not necessarily the length of study am not really sure how they work it out but many people on here have said that if you do a course which could be for example, completed in a year in two years then it might affect the length of your pgwp. And besides 16 months is only a year and four months so it is not exactly two years and according to the cic website if the length of study is less than 2 years your pgwp will be the same length as the period you studied for so if it is 8 months you get 8 months.but you can call them to question it.