+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a request for Fingerprints-Very concerned & worried

smilekumar

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Hello,

We submitted our citizenship application on Nov 30th 2016. On March 9th we got a letter requesting for fingerprint for my husband.

My questions:

1) Will all the applicants get the fingerprints request OR only principal applicant?

2) Is something wrong with application? My husband never had any criminal record. We are concerned. Is there anything to worry or its just a normal request?

3) In the letter it says " if RCMP sends results to you directly,forward them to this office". This is at the beginning of the letter.
In the second page at the end has this address. Do we need to send to Nova Scotia where we initially sent the application or to this address?
Citizenship office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Citizenship Program-St Clair
Toronto ON

4) How much will it take to get the result?

5) Will this delay the process?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
1) Will all the applicants get the fingerprints request OR only principal applicant?
It could be just one in the family application (principal applicant term not applicable here; only for the PR)

2) Is something wrong with application? My husband never had any criminal record. We are concerned. Is there anything to worry or its just a normal request?
If there was a match with their database, even if the last name or first name or date of birth matched it probably triggers a FP request, yes it would delay the processing of the application for all in the family even if only one gets the FP request, but not by much... 3-4 weeks depending on the processing office... didn't get a FP request myself, so not sure of the rest of the Q's

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smilekumar said:
Hello,

We submitted our citizenship application on Nov 30th 2016. On March 9th we got a letter requesting for fingerprint for my husband.

My questions:

3) In the letter it says " if RCMP sends results to you directly,forward them to this office". This is at the beginning of the letter.
In the second page at the end has this address. Do we need to send to Nova Scotia where we initially sent the application or to this address?
Citizenship office
Toronto ON

Name will be mentioned on the letter who required fingerprint not for everyone.

This is normal but no one knows the reason that why some people get fingerprint.

If RCMP send result to you then you need to send this to address toronto St. Clair.

Case can be delay 15 days to maximum 3 months. It depends case to case.

After sending the fingerprints result you can call cic after 2 to 3 weeks for confirmation that they received or not.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smilekumar said:
Hello,

My questions:

Citizenship office
Toronto ON

no need to worry...
me and one more applicant... shyurun79.. get the test invite today... within 3 weeks.. after doing Finger Prints...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

staralihaider said:
Name will be mentioned on the letter who required fingerprint not for everyone.

This is normal but no one knows the reason that why some people get fingerprint.

If RCMP send result to you then you need to send this to address toronto St. Clair.

Case can be delay 15 days to maximum 3 months. It depends case to case.

After sending the fingerprints result you can call cic after 2 to 3 weeks for confirmation that they received or not.
1. The reason that a person receives a fingerprint criminal records check, is that IRCC does a CPIC name check during the processing. A person with the same name and similar age has a criminal record/arrest, and they want to determine with the prints that it is not you. The 120 days processing is for those that do have a positive fingerprint match in the system.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
no need to worry...
me and one more applicant... shyurun79.. get the test invite today... within 3 weeks.. after doing Finger Prints...
Yes. My observation, now a days more and more applicants got FP request, maybe due to the anti-terrorism concerns. But unless you do have complicated background, you don't need to worry. Only cause little delay that's all. Maybe your husband has a common name.

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
HI

1. The reason that a person receives a fingerprint criminal records check, is that IRCC does a CPIC name check during the processing. A person with the same name and similar age has a criminal record/arrest, and they want to determine with the prints that it is not you. The 120 days processing is for those that do have a positive fingerprint match in the system.
Alright.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
PMM said:
HI

do you have any cic link where it says that

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Don't worry! My wife got one too. We did the fingerprints at Commissionaires and sent to CIC. We are waiting to see any movement in our file. According to the RCMP, they sent the fingerprint report on February 28th.

The_ottawa

May 15, 2014
Sukumaugali said:
Don't worry! My wife got one too. We did the fingerprints at Commissionaires and sent to CIC. We are waiting to see any movement in our file. According to the RCMP, they sent the fingerprint report on February 28th.
Hi Sukumaugali,

Would you be able to let me know how you you confirmed when RCMP sent your report and that they sent it directly to CIC?

Thanks

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_ottawa said:
Hi Sukumaugali,

Would you be able to let me know how you you confirmed when RCMP sent your report and that they sent it directly to CIC?

Thanks
when you do FP.. they will give you DCN no.. which you can send to RCMP through email for status check.. and they respond through email to you back

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
FPs are not for the entire family, such requests are addressed to specific individuals

Nothing wrong with the application, nothing to worry about if you don't have any criminal records

Citizenship office
Toronto ON

If you use recommended FP agencies, they will send the results directly to RCMP

You may not get the results. Everything's taken care of by the FP agency of you use the right one

It may delay by 2-3 weeks depending upon what stage your get the FP request.

Reactions: riverbird

Mark2017

Oct 4, 2017
Appreciate all the replies to my post. Thank you.
Hi there,

I got same request for FP on March 2017 too, I called after 3 month to check and they confirmed that they have received my FP and my application still in process and I'm waiting till this moment.

I was wondering if your status has been changed since your last post ..

Thanks