+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a reject on Friday and applied it again today

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
Hi, I got my study permit rejected last week and I have applied through SDS. The rejection letter just stated that "I am not satisfied you will leave Canada". Nothing else was given whether it was financials, education, or any family background that was the reason for rejection. I have few queries related to this. On the first time through SDS my consultant applied through the ircc portal(https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en), and then I changed the consultant and I was applying the second time I applied through gckey.
1. Are these the same websites and my re-application will sync with the first one? (Because I guess medicals and biometrics will be updated quickly on reapplication)
2. What will be the appx time? As I have seen people who reapplied were getting it in less than a week. But it was some people who first applied in SDS and then non-SDS but I applied it SDS both times. Are these the same? Non sds and sds on reapplication??

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I got my study permit rejected last week and I have applied through SDS. The rejection letter just stated that "I am not satisfied you will leave Canada". Nothing else was given whether it was financials, education, or any family background that was the reason for rejection. I have few queries related to this. On the first time through SDS my consultant applied through the ircc portal(https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en), and then I changed the consultant and I was applying the second time I applied through gckey.
1. Are these the same websites and my re-application will sync with the first one? (Because I guess medicals and biometrics will be updated quickly on reapplication)
2. What will be the appx time? As I have seen people who reapplied were getting it in less than a week. But it was some people who first applied in SDS and then non-SDS but I applied it SDS both times. Are these the same? Non sds and sds on reapplication??
First of all, You are not reading your rejection letter properly, It is always mentioned on letter that " I am not satisfied you will leave Canada based on Something. This something can purpose of visit, based on travel history, based on educational or financial background ETC.

Secondly, Most of rejection letters are general statements which can lead to various refusal reasons. So, It is best Idea to apply for GCMS notes to know proper reason behind your refusal with Visa Officer deep comments...

1. Your application will be linked as long as you mentioned your UCI number, UCI number remains same for all applications...

2. SDS and NON - SDS both are 2 different categories. SDS results are coming in 60 to 90 days for both fresh and reapplications where as NON - SDS are getting within month. The reason behind this is that Most people prefer to apply through SDS as It has more success rate and less document requirement. So, There is more traffic in SDS category as compare to NON - SDS. Due to less traffic, NON - SDS applications are getting clear faster...

Also mention your full education profile and chosen program, So everyone can comment on your profile... Read your rejection letter carefully..

Last edited:

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
How did you apply for the SDS? I checked that link and it is asking for "Invite Code". What is that?

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
First of all, You are not reading your rejection letter properly, It is always mentioned on letter that " I am not satisfied you will leave Canada based on Something. This something can purposed of visit, based on travel history, based on educational or financial background ETC.

Secondly, Most of rejection letters are general statements which can lead to various refusal reasons. So, It is best Idea to apply for GCMS notes to know proper reason behind your refusal with Visa Officer deep comments...

1. Your application will be linked as long as you mentioned your UCI number, UCI number remains same for all applications...

2. SDS and NON - SDS both are 2 different categories. SDS results are coming in 60 to 90 days for both fresh and reapplications where as NON - SDS are getting within month. The reason behind this is that Most people prefer to apply through SDS as It has more success rate and less document requirement. So, There is more traffic in SDS category as compare to NON - SDS. Due to less traffic, NON - SDS applications are getting clear faster...

Also mention your full education profile and chosen program, So everyone can comment on your profile... Read your rejection letter carefully..
I'm positive, there was no general reason. It said I'm rejecting you based on the following factors and it was blank over there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So what did you change in your application if you didn’t apply for GCMS notes and know reasons for refusal.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
I'm positive, there was no general reason. It said I'm rejecting you based on the following factors and it was blank over there.
It seems impossible to me as IRCC always gives some sort of information in General refusal letter as well. Can you share your letter if possible?? Hide your personal details and share entire wording for further opinions...

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
This is not a smart decision though I have seen it has worked for few. I did the same mistake of applying again w/o getting the GCMS notes and it was one of the stupidest thing that I have done in my life and I have done a lot of stupid stuff. The general reason is what they provide in most of the refusals and to think that you can overcome it by just re-applying without diving deep into the root cause is just asking for another refusal. You could have got the GCMS notes in a matter of ~30 days and in your subsequent application, you could have addressed those specific concerns. Right now, you are going in blind and this is a well known recipe for refusal. I did the same and got refused in ~4 days. Right now, I am waiting for the GCMS notes to arrive and since you have applied under the SDS category, you'll have to wait for months to get a decision. Nonetheless, I hope you get a positive response. Good luck!

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
This is not a smart decision though I have seen it has worked for few. I did the same mistake of applying again w/o getting the GCMS notes and it was one of the stupidest thing that I have done in my life and I have done a lot of stupid stuff. The general reason is what they provide in most of the refusals and to think that you can overcome it by just re-applying without diving deep into the root cause is just asking for another refusal. You could have got the GCMS notes in a matter of ~30 days and in your subsequent application, you could have addressed those specific concerns. Right now, you are going in blind and this is a well known recipe for refusal. I did the same and got refused in ~4 days. Right now, I am waiting for the GCMS notes to arrive and since you have applied under the SDS category, you'll have to wait for months to get a decision. Nonetheless, I hope you get a positive response. Good luck!
I have added many extra docs such as a CA certificate of my family's properties, I have shown enough funds to support my education funding on top of paying my college tuition, gic, etc.

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
I have added many extra docs such as a CA certificate of my family's properties, I have shown enough funds to support my education funding on top of paying my college tuition, gic, etc.
How did you come to the conclusion that your refusal was based only on financial aspect?

Aomine Daiki

Oct 19, 2020
How did you come to the conclusion that your refusal was based only on financial aspect?
Well, I guessed it was either financial or family ties, so wanted to show the properties and all to establish ties, and I mostly think it might be some kind of error as I didn't get any general reason for the refusal. It did not state any reason as the final line was left blank.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well, I guessed it was either financial or family ties, so wanted to show the properties and all to establish ties, and I mostly think it might be some kind of error as I didn't get any general reason for the refusal. It did not state any reason as the final line was left blank.
No it could very well be the program and not believing you are a genuine student. Did you show career and education advancement to justify the costs of the program? What is your education and current job? What program?