+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got a job offer but CTC is very Less

pavithra5586

Mar 11, 2011
Hello all,

I got a job offer from a company based out of Montreal, Quebec.

I am having 4 years of IT Experience in India ; Skills are Click Software and C# .net. The position offered was Technical Consultant.

I had been offered a gross salary of CAD 35000 and the accommodation will be provided by the company itself.

I feel that CAD 35000 will be too less and I will be getting only around CAD 25000 after the deductions.

One more question - What will be the cost of living in Montreal and Would I be able to save (as I am from India), as I would be getting only CAD 25000 after the deductions.

So I asked for a salary revision and got a reply as:

The total yearly package was split as follows:

Base Salary: $35,000

Bonus: $3,500

Paid furnished house/apartment: $14,400

Legal fees and relocation costs: $9,000 -----> This should be borne by the company itself i believe and not to be included in the salary package.

Total value $61,900

we are open to review the split of the yearly package. One possibility would be to increase the base salary to $49,400 however you would be responsible for the apartment/house expenses.

In this scenario, what would be the ideal salary. Also we have to sign a 2 year Service Level agreement with the company.

Regards,
Pavithra

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pavithra5586 said:
Hello all,

I got a job offer from a company based out of Montreal, Quebec.

I am having 4 years of IT Experience in India ; Skills are Click Software and C# .net. The position offered was Technical Consultant.

I had been offered a gross salary of CAD 35000 and the accommodation will be provided by the company itself.

I feel that CAD 35000 will be too less and I will be getting only around CAD 25000 after the deductions.

One more question - What will be the cost of living in Montreal and Would I be able to save (as I am from India), as I would be getting only CAD 25000 after the deductions.

So I asked for a salary revision and got a reply as:

The total yearly package was split as follows:

Base Salary: $35,000

Bonus: $3,500

Paid furnished house/apartment: $14,400

Legal fees and relocation costs: $9,000 -----> This should be borne by the company itself i believe and not to be included in the salary package.

Total value $61,900

we are open to review the split of the yearly package. One possibility would be to increase the base salary to $49,400 however you would be responsible for the apartment/house expenses.

In this scenario, what would be the ideal salary. Also we have to sign a 2 year Service Level agreement with the company.

Regards,
Pavithra
1. Has the employer obtained an LMO? If they have, the salary must have included in the application.
2. If they are trying to do it under the 7 IT jobs titles (which expire in Quebec and BC 31/03/11) they must meet the following salaries http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob260.asp
3. Employers can't charge you for their legal fees.

pavithra5586

Mar 11, 2011
Hi PMM,

I dont know what is LMO. Could you tell me wat it is about.

The CTC has been revised to CAD 60000 gross ( CAD 55000 wil b fixed and bonus CAD 5000 to be paid at the end of year.

Accomodation will be give only for one month, after that I need to take care of it.

What would you suggest in this case?

Regards,
Pavithra.

pavithra5586

Mar 11, 2011
Hello all,

Thanks for the Replies. I got the break up from them as below:

Gross - $2115.34
QPP (Quebec Pension Plan) - $98.05
EI (Employment Insurance) - $29.83
QPIP (Quebec Parental Insurance Plan) - $11.36
Federal Tax - $224.25
Provincial Tax - $273.11
Your net bi-weekly pay will be $1478.74

skumar_ec

Oct 4, 2011
Hi Pavithra,

I saw your post regarding the job offer in Canada.
I am interested in moving to Canada, and it would be really helpful if you could help me with some information.
1. What salary would be sufficient for a family of 3(2 adults and 1 child)?
2. What are the monthly expenses?
3. How did you manage to get the job offer? Any consultant or any contact who helped you with the same? If any consultant then if possible please let me know about the same.

Kindly help me with regards to above.

thanks,
Saurabh

NewBeginner

Jun 25, 2012
Hello Pavi,

I am in a similar situation as you. Lucky to have found a post from you. Like you, I too have been offered a job in Montreal as a Click consultant. I wanted to know the time frame within which you got your visa (LMO + CAQ + Visa) processing done. Please get back to me as I am concerned about the total timeframe of the visa processing.

Regards,
Abrar khan