+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT 522 SCORE ON CRS BUT WHEN EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE CREATED -ITS SHOWING ME ONLY 472

Ricky94

Jan 18, 2023
Hello

I need your help, advice, and suggestions.

I am in Canada and have been working as a tech support advisor for more than a year. I created my Express Entry profile on December 31, 2022. When I checked my CRS score, it was around 522. Today we had an express entry draw and the cutoff was 509, but I have not received any emails regarding it. Then I decided to check my profile, and when I checked my EE profile, they gave me only a 472 score.
I am a bit confused now. Do I need to update my profile, or am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you all for your time. :)

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

I need your help, advice, and suggestions.

I am in Canada and have been working as a tech support advisor for more than a year. I created my Express Entry profile on December 31, 2022. When I checked my CRS score, it was around 522. Today we had an express entry draw and the cutoff was 509, but I have not received any emails regarding it. Then I decided to check my profile, and when I checked my EE profile, they gave me only a 472 score.
I am a bit confused now. Do I need to update my profile, or am I doing something here?

Thank you all for your time. :)
Did you count a job offer of 50 points? Are you on a closed work permit? Do you have a LMIA to count the 50 points.

Ricky94

Jan 18, 2023
I have one job offer, and I've been at the same job for a year. I also had a year-long experience in India. Its a open work permit classified as PGWP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have one job offer, and I've been at the same job for a year. I also had a year-long experience in India. Its a open work permit classified as PGWP
So you don’t get 50 points for that. Did you think you did? You answer NO in your profile to job offer unless you have a LMIA. If you were counting 50 points then you deduct that and you have 472.

Ricky94

Jan 18, 2023
So you don’t get 50 points for that. Did you think you did? You answer NO in your profile to job offer unless you have a LMIA. If you were counting 50 points then you deduct that and you have 472.
PGWP is typically exempt from LMIA, to the best of my knowledge, correct?