IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
Anyone going to George Brown College, St. James Campus(200 King Street W.) in January, 2012?
I have taken admission in International Business Management course. Is anybody from the forum going to do the same? :)

geetdhillon

Star Member
Sep 25, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
31 april
Med's Done....
15oct
yeah iam going in d same campus for srm

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Toronto City Centre airport (YTZ) is the closest. But unless you're connecting through specific cities in the US or Canada - it's unlikely you'll be able to book a flight that ends here (it's a very small airport).

Pearson airport (YYZ) is probably the one you want.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

I am willing to study in George Brown College and apply for study permit from Iraq, and as stated in Canada Immigration site that I need a proof of financial support, the question goes here:

1- A Canadian bank account in my name, if the money is transferred there: *how to open a Canadian bank account if I can't transfer the money to Canada? AND if I have a friend there in Canada, Can I transfer my money to him so he opens bank account for me or what? I really don't know how to do this step of opening a Canadian bank account, so please help with this... and explain if any help might my friend can offer me with this?

2- Bank statement for past 4 months: *Should I have a bank account at any local bank in Iraq and reveal a 4-month statement? are local banks in Iraq are recognized by the Canadian embassy? or I should open an account at an International bank?

Please help with this point, as it's one of the most important required documents to be provided when applying for study visa, because I don't know the procedure of providing this proof

Thank you,

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harith86 said:
1- A Canadian bank account in my name, if the money is transferred there: *how to open a Canadian bank account if I can't transfer the money to Canada? AND if I have a friend there in Canada, Can I transfer my money to him so he opens bank account for me or what? I really don't know how to do this step of opening a Canadian bank account, so please help with this... and explain if any help might my friend can offer me with this?

2- Bank statement for past 4 months: *Should I have a bank account at any local bank in Iraq and reveal a 4-month statement? are local banks in Iraq are recognized by the Canadian embassy? or I should open an account at an International bank?
Hi,

1. If you apply for a student visa in Iraq, you need a bank statement of Iraq, not of Canada.

2. It doesn't matter if your bank is local or international, it MUST be a recognized bank by the Govt. of Iraq. And, you need a first year tuition + CAD 10,000 (living expenses).

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
I am in Iraq, but I will send it to Canadian embassy in Jordan, so my application will be processed in Jordan (The Canadian embassy in Jordan), as the Iraqi students application can only be processed in Jordan, so...

*Do I need to reveal a bank statement from Jordan? or I still can have the bank statement from Iraq?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harith86 said:
I am in Iraq, but I will send it to Canadian embassy in Jordan, so my application will be processed in Jordan (The Canadian embassy in Jordan), as the Iraqi students application can only be processed in Jordan, so...

*Do I need to reveal a bank statement from Jordan? or I still can have the bank statement from Iraq?
Hi,

Only from your country of residence i.e., Iraq.