+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods to Follow

BZN

Oct 22, 2018
Hi All!

We landed in Nov 2019 but since it was a soft landing, we came back after 2 weeks. At immigration, the officer did not make any record of our 'Goods to Follow' list, as I was not carrying any valuables nor did I have any pictures on me. We intend to travel to Toronto this July, once the quarantine is lifted.
I wanted to know how to submit our Goods to Follow list this time around? And should I pack all my valuables and take them along, or have them shipped in later?
Can I carry all my things like wedding gifts, picture albums, jewelry (which is definitely going to cross my baggage allowance) the time I land and hand in my Goods to Follow list?

I'm quite confused, any leads would help!

Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All!

We landed in Nov 2019 but since it was a soft landing, we came back after 2 weeks. At immigration, the officer did not make any record of our 'Goods to Follow' list, as I was not carrying any valuables nor did I have any pictures on me. We intend to travel to Toronto this July, once the quarantine is lifted.
I wanted to know how to submit our Goods to Follow list this time around? And should I pack all my valuables and take them along, or have them shipped in later?
Can I carry all my things like wedding gifts, picture albums, jewelry (which is definitely going to cross my baggage allowance) the time I land and hand in my Goods to Follow list?

I'm quite confused, any leads would help!

Thanks!
If they are your valuables, make sure you hire a security company to ship them. Sure you can carry them in person and show your goods to follow list.

BZN

Oct 22, 2018
If they are your valuables, make sure you hire a security company to ship them. Sure you can carry them in person and show your goods to follow list.
Hey! Thanks for getting back!
Wouldn't they question why I didn't submit my list the first time around? Although I did but they didn't record anything.
My understanding is that it's a one time thing only applicable during your first landing...is that even correct?

I'm just afraid to carry everything and then be taxed for it. Can anyone lead to an official source where I can find out the legalities around goods to follow?

TIA!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey! Thanks for getting back!
Wouldn't they question why I didn't submit my list the first time around? Although I did but they didn't record anything.
My understanding is that it's a one time thing only applicable during your first landing...is that even correct?

I'm just afraid to carry everything and then be taxed for it. Can anyone lead to an official source where I can find out the legalities around goods to follow?

TIA!
No, because many people make soft landings without solid plans to move in sometime soon.

Go to the CBSA website for further reading.