Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
Hi All,

My wife and I landed at Rainbow Bridge back in June of 2013. We had been here as temporary workers since 2010, and had already imported all our household goods from the US on my first entry as a worker then.

Because I did not have a PAL (firearms license) I left my hunting firearms at my son's house in the US. But I DID put them all, with serial numbers, values, etc. on the declaration of settlers effects (goods to follow) to import eventually once I completed my training and received my PAL. At our landing, after the immigration portion we went to the customs portion. I explained the situation to the agents there, they looked over the paperwork and dismissed me as not having to do anything, that I was all set.

After we left, I thought that something was hinky with their decision, so I asked the agent at the booth the next week when I was coming back from Detroit at the Ambassador Bridge. He told me the same thing, not to worry about it.

I am taking the class and writing the exam this weekend, so I will have my PAL in the next few months. My concern now is when I try to import these firearms and present the original, three-year-old goods to follow list with no stamps or anything on it they will want to charge me taxes and duty. I do have all the receipts for these firearms, showing that I purchased them in the US between 2001 and 2007, long before I moved to Canada. Perhaps that would help?

Anyone else had an issue with goods to follow much later than their landing date? Thanks. :)

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
My vehicle ended up not on the goods to follow list from the US.

They wanted to charge tax, but when it was demonstrated that I owned it before landing, it was fine. They wanted to make sure that I hadn't paid it off between the time I landed and importation, but once I answered their questions, they imported it with no fees.

I suspect your case will be similar.