+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods I bring with me after getting goods to follow stamped in previous visit

dd23

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
I did a soft landing in Canada and submitted the goods to follow form which was stamped and returned to me however I did not submit the goods that I bring with me. I need to bring my car from US to Canada, can I submit goods I bring with me after the goods to follow in the new settler visit?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I did a soft landing in Canada and submitted the goods to follow form which was stamped and returned to me however I did not submit the goods that I bring with me. I need to bring my car from US to Canada, can I submit goods I bring with me after the goods to follow in the new settler visit?
So your goods to follow are still coming separately (i.e. being shipped)?

Not an expert, but I think you can just bring the goods with you and declare these as goods you are bringing as a new arrival. Just explain you declared your shipped goods as goods to follow and these are just ones in your car.

Note, the car is an entirely separate issue (i.e. be sure to deal with that carefully), but as for contents - if it's just clearly personal stuff - I doubt they will care.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I'm not sure about your exact situation but when I moved to Canada I arrived from the USA in a U-Haul truck with my possessions, a month after arriving myself by air from the Caribbean. When I originally arrived I said nothing about possessions and it didn't matter when I finally brought them overland from the States.

As for the car, you have to import a vehicle separately. It was not on my goods to follow list but obviously... it was my car and they didn't question ownership at the border.

Bear in mind you must export the car and from the USA and then import it to Canada. Time consuming and will cost $.

HTH

Reactions: armoured