+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Goods accompanying/to follow: URGENT

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I understand we need 2 copies of each list of goods (accompanying and to follow). I will land first, and my spouse will land some time after. My question is: does each immigrant have to present his/her own different set of documents regarding the goods?

Also, can I do soft landing, give the documents, and return at a later date with the items listed in the goods to follow list?

Help badly needed and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I understand we need 2 copies of each list of goods (accompanying and to follow). I will land first, and my spouse will land some time after. My question is: does each immigrant have to present his/her own different set of documents regarding the goods?

Also, can I do soft landing, give the documents, and return at a later date with the items listed in the goods to follow list?

Help badly needed and greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Is it possible for you and your wife to land together? If it is, I suggest you guys do that when you are ready. The issue of soft landing and those is that they might create complications during citizenship grant: they might send you the residency questionnaire package which will put you in a very bad position.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: ekramece

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible for you and your wife to land together? If it is, I suggest you guys do that when you are ready. The issue of soft landing and those is that they might create complications during citizenship grant: they might send you the residency questionnaire package which will put you in a very bad position.

Just my 2 cents.
Can you explain why it might cause an issue?

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you explain why it might cause an issue?
Scenario 1: I assume you will submit for citizenship grant when you calculate that you just have enough time staying time in Canada.

Since there is a gap in between your staying, mean soft landing and etc. It might ring the alarm bell for them that you might not serve enough residency obligation. Most of the time they won't ask, but there are some officers who are very brutal. He/she will send you what people call the nightmare package: Residency questionnaire. That will cause your application to be delay with indefinitely timeline (maybe 1 month, may be 1 year, no one know). You put yourself in a very bad position.

Scenario 2: I assume you will submit for citizenship grant when you calculate that you have enough time staying time in Canada after hard landing without going out of Canada.

Since you did soft landing, the clock started to count from that moment. At the time you have enough 4 years (will be 3 years after bill c6 passed), your PR card will be almost expires. As you know the process will be a year at least. You put yourself in a very bad position.

Like I said: This is just my 2 cents. Those might not happen to you at all. Just the matter of precaution.

I suggest you monitor this sub-forum from now on: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/citizenship.12/

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scenario 1: I assume you will submit for citizenship grant when you calculate that you just have enough time staying time in Canada.

Since there is a gap in between your staying, mean soft landing and etc. It might ring the alarm bell for them that you might not serve enough residency obligation. Most of the time they won't ask, but there are some officers who are very brutal. He/she will send you what people call the nightmare package: Residency questionnaire. That will cause your application to be delay with indefinitely timeline (maybe 1 month, may be 1 year, no one know). You put yourself in a very bad position.

Scenario 2: I assume you will submit for citizenship grant when you calculate that you have enough time staying time in Canada after hard landing without going out of Canada.

Since you did soft landing, the clock started to count from that moment. At the time you have enough 4 years (will be 3 years after bill c6 passed), your PR card will be almost expires. As you know the process will be a year at least. You put yourself in a very bad position.

Like I said: This is just my 2 cents. Those might not happen to you at all. Just the matter of precaution.

I suggest you monitor this sub-forum from now on: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/citizenship.12/

Thank you for your input. But unless I'm mistaken, If I do hard landing lets say 12 months after soft landing, and assuming I will not spend a single day outside of canada for the next 3 years (after c6), I would still have 1 year left of card validity (nothing to do with pr status anyway as long as pr residency obligations are met) correct?

Because cic states that the relevant period for residency obligations for citizenship is 6 (or 5 after c6) years immediately preceding the application or since becoming pr if more recent, there is no issue there either. The only downside is it will take longer. I think you believe that the 5 years before citizenship appication are mapped onto the pr card validity, which it is not. You only need to be a PR when you file the citizenship application and of course meet the residency obligations for citizenship.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your input. But unless I'm mistaken, If I do hard landing lets say 12 months after soft landing, and assuming I will not spend a single day outside of canada for the next 3 years (after c6), I would still have 1 year left of card validity (nothing to do with pr status anyway as long as pr residency obligations are met) correct?

Because cic states that the relevant period for residency obligations for citizenship is 6 (or 5 after c6) years immediately preceding the application or since becoming pr if more recent, there is no issue there either. The only downside is it will take longer. I think you believe that the 5 years before citizenship appication are mapped onto the pr card validity, which it is not. You only need to be a PR when you file the citizenship application and of course meet the residency obligations for citizenship.
Nope I don't mean that. It just that when your card is expired and you have your citizenship grant going on. For me, it make me uncomfortable. Should I renew my card or should I wait for citizenship and passport? Maybe, It's me only.

Yeah, I just don't want you to be on a tight position. If you are well informed about that then nothing to worry.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok... But is it really that serious an issue though? Don't get me wrong, I understand your dilemma but one can apply for a pr card to be renewed at the same time as filing the citizenship application