Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hi All,
I wanted to know what are the good months for landing in Canada.
Reason for asking this question is that I read in some posts that in Summer the job market is bit slow as people are on vacations.
So is July-Aug good time for landing and do the job search ?

Please give some inputs as I am planning to land in that timeframe.

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

Immi_advisor

Feb 2, 2013
I don't think there's general answer to the question. Depends on what you're looking for. As a sales rep, for instance, you might find a job in any industry, while as a software developer could have difficulties at each season if you land in a small town.
I guess if you share info on where you're going to and what type of job are you looking, members of the forum will share their opinion.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is hard to answer as a general rule but for my company for example Jul and Aug are slow. March to June is a good time as all budgeting and funding issues are taken care off and plans for years are in place and execution is in process

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Thanks Immi, Ankit for your inputs.
I should have been more specific in asking questions.

I will be coming to GTA area and probabely staying in Brampton/ Missisauga area.
I am looking ot a Project management job in any type of industry.
Back home, I am working in Software development industry with Solid PM experiance.

Ankit, where are you working ? Are you also in IT Industry ?

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sumit, I am working as a Program Manager for Canda's largest IT company and I work in Telecom domain.

If you have good communication skills, soft skills then with some efforts you should be able to find a job.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
ankit_20 said:
Sumit, I am working as a Program Manager for Canda's largest IT company and I work in Telecom domain.

If you have good communication skills, soft skills then with some efforts you should be able to find a job.
Thanks for the inputs.
This is encouraging. Once in Canada, I will definitely contact you for futher support/ references.
Hope that would be okay.

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi people! :)
I'd love to hear your opinion:I am from Serbia and I need a job offer(or arranged employment letter) to get there-Canada (I do not have enough points)...so-I applied for many jobs(construction,trades) on kijiji,jobbank,workopolis,monster,craigslist....many employers have contacted me but they are not willing to bother about "job offer" procedure---but they told me that I was in Canada I found a job without any problems...and a couple of them have told me, I was promised that I'll get a job in their companies as soon as I arrive in Canada!...
...so,is it wise to try---to come there as a a tourist,find job and apply for a work permit(and PER) from there ? is it possible and how difficult it is to get something like that?
Danijel
please answer...thanks...

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daniel if you want to work here it is no point of applying tourist visa. Apply for work permit or PR and then come for a job

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit_20 said:
Daniel if you want to work here it is no point of applying tourist visa. Apply for work permit or PR and then come for a job
thanks Ankit!...but I already knew that...I don't have enough points I'd applied as FSW or PNP...
I need a job offer! :(

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danijel, it is hard to get an offer before having work rights, not impossible but very hard. Fact is once you have PR, it is still hard to find a job