+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good Ties with Canada

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
What documents proves that a person has good ties to Canada in case of RQ?

• Home ownership
  • Mortgage / Lease for entire period
  • Life Insurance
  • Car ownership
  • Business ownership
  • Tax assessment documents - personal and business
  • Proof of contribution to the society / donations to church etc

Does the above help to prove my case?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many physical presence days in Canada do you have in the 4 year citizenship qualifying period?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The above might prove your ties with Canada in case they want to forgive you not having enough days but in order to prove your days of travel, you should have your passport, CBSA travel history, copies of flights tickets and boarding cards and in order to prove your days in Canada, you could get your medical appointments, bank records, phone bills and things like that.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
I went to doctor like 5 times in 4 years. I changes two doctors. Both of them were horrible. Hardly they spent few minutes with me each time I visited them.

I do not have any flight records but CBSA should have it. I am at the point care less about the citizenship as I have other options. But I will give my best to respond to them in detail. Me living in Canada - increased my cost of living and less opportunities. Because of family members I established my ties here. If they say or delay my citizenship, I will move out. Only they will lose my tax dollars, local charity work, tax dollars from my business etc. Not that it is a big deal to them, but at least it is for me.

I never wanted to stay in a country with poor health care and less opportunities anyway.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cadvis said:
I never wanted to stay in a country with poor health care and less opportunities anyway.
If you don't like it, then go ahead and leave. Nobody's stopping you.

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010 CSQ Application
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
cadvis said:
I know how you feel, but it could be worse, at least you don't live in the US :D

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
cadvis said:
I do live in the US. I have a green card from US.
You living in the US is probably why you got the RQ. With citizenship comes to right to vote and run for office and I can understand why CIC would be hesitant to award citizenship to a person who doesn't even live in the country; I think what they're looking for are ties to Canadian society rather than ties to Canada as a country.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Swede said:
You living in the US is probably why you got the RQ. With citizenship comes to right to vote and run for office and I can understand why CIC would be hesitant to award citizenship to a person who doesn't even live in the country; I think what they're looking for are ties to Canadian society rather than ties to Canada as a country.
I would assume that you did not read my first post...

lljkinusa

Mar 20, 2013
cadvis - if u dont like or respect this country then y u wasting time with all questions etc.

just leave and be happy where ever u feel like -

fyi - canada is still and will remain best country for millions

just fyi - 6.5 lacs people still waiting to immigrate just for this year

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
cadvis said:
I would assume that you did not read my first post...
I did read it. My point is that it's a commitment on Canada's behalf to award a person citizenship and that it's a reasonable expectation that that person lives in the country when applying. Remember that applications are processed by flow-chart type people and that they will follow their processes slavishly. It's reasonable to assume that it's difficult to e.g. make informed decisions as a voter if you're not living in the country where you're casting your ballot, hence the RQ.

Once you've presented your case, however, I'm certain that you'll get the citizenship your surely deserve.

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
lljkinusa said:
cadvis - if u dont like or respect this country then y u wasting time with all questions etc.

just leave and be happy where ever u feel like -

fyi - canada is still and will remain best country for millions

just fyi - 6.5 lacs people still waiting to immigrate just for this year
How do you know that I did not respect this country rules??? I pay more taxes than many people pay in this country till date. I contribute in different ways financially to the society. I own home, car, etc. My intention is to live here that is why I keep my books clean. Also I have met the eligibility requirements.

I do live in Canada... If I travel and work in a USA does not mean that I neglecting my ties with Canada. I like to maintain a life style and like to live a life that I enjoy.. By doing that I am not hiding anything or doing any under the table work. I fully respect the rules and law in both countries.