Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Hi! friends...

Congratulations to those who made it and all the very best to those who are waiting. I just wanted to share one thought with you all. In all this wait please do not forget to prepare yourself for the move. Read about the country. Understand how the system works. Figure out what are the laws, what kind of job market is here, everything about living and settling.

When I came here I got a visa stamped for just two months .. it was due to the long strike in the high commission. I had no time to prepare and so the initial period is actually a success story for me, it was so full of struggle. That is the reason I prepared this web page (drgarimakamboj.wix.com/immigrant) and compiled all the important resources in one place so that people can start preparing from their homeland while they are still waiting for their visa.

When I come to this forum and read your posts I see how you guys are waiting. I was once wearing your shoes. But friends that wait is over for some of you. Will be over for most of you very soon. And trust me, guys you will do much better if you come here with the knowledge of the country.

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Are you coming here?

TIP: Don't forget to get flu shots, especially for your kids.

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Are you coming here?

TIP: Don't forget to get your vehicle insurance record.

The vehicle insurance is expensive. If you have a claim-free insurance record, get a letter from your insurance company proving it. You will get a discount of 5% for every year up to 40% for eight years on your vehicle insurance. That is a lot of saving.

In case all adults (who will be driving the vehicle) in your family have an experience of 10 years or more in driving, get insurance docs to prove it. That makes you eligible for the ten-year experience discount, which again means cheaper insurance. You may end up saving a lot of money every month.