+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news summary post Oath invitation in September 2021

Tulip85

Oct 12, 2021
I do really hope everything goes as scheduled and they don’t “reschedule” anything!
In that case, I assume that I will be able to get the passport in a week or so with the Expedited process as you advised. But everything is going to be so overlapped, I already know! :)

Thanks @chs , finger crossed that you also get your date very soon! But seriously as long as you are living your life in Canada, there is no rush. Before getting this job offer in US I didn’t even bother to check my application status once in a month lol

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I do really hope everything goes as scheduled and they don’t “reschedule” anything!
In that case, I assume that I will be able to get the passport in a week or so with the Expedited process as you advised. But everything is going to be so overlapped, I already know! :)

Thanks @chs , finger crossed that you also get your date very soon! But seriously as long as you are living your life in Canada, there is no rush. Before getting this job offer in US I didn’t even bother to check my application status once in a month lol
Well, I'm kind of tired of waiting for almost two years for a service that should take, ideally 6-9 months, as I imagine everyone else from 2019 is. I have to say that it leaves a bit of a bittersweet taste in the mouth when you're being made to feel like a "lesser citizen" as IRCC constantly and consistently prioritizes later applicants way ahead of you and there's no way to redress this.

Canada's greatest asset are its immigrants and we are the ones who will be the face and the voice to potential new ones - we can recruit or discourage and I have to say I'm not feeling the love right now. Does IRCC /really/ want the 2019 applicants to be the voice for the immigration process?

(All that said, thank you for the kind well-wishes)

Tulip85

Oct 12, 2021
I’m so sorry to hear this @chs :(
It’s hard to hypothesize what the reason is behind the delay in the process of specific groups of applicants. The year of application? The home country? Family size? I could never relate these.
But it’s good that we’re all almost there, a few months sooner or later, it will happen!

Thanks again for all your time and advice. I hope very soon you will inform us here of cutting your PR card! Lol

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I’m so sorry to hear this @chs :(
It’s hard to hypothesize what the reason is behind the delay in the process of specific groups of applicants. The year of application? The home country? Family size? I could never relate these.
But it’s good that we’re all almost there, a few months sooner or later, it will happen!

Thanks again for all your time and advice. I hope very soon you will inform us here of cutting your PR card! Lol
Much appreciated. My case is about as routine as it gets (US Citizen, plenty of days in the bank, no questionable background checks, bilingual, blah blah blah) I just had the unfortunate luck of wanting to apply when I did, as opposed to being lazy and applying in early/mid 2020. Anyways, what's done is done. I'll definitely let everyone know when the next steps happen! :)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Much appreciated. My case is about as routine as it gets (US Citizen, plenty of days in the bank, no questionable background checks, bilingual, blah blah blah) I just had the unfortunate luck of wanting to apply when I did, as opposed to being lazy and applying in early/mid 2020. Anyways, what's done is done. I'll definitely let everyone know when the next steps happen! :)
Indeed bad luck. I also regret applying when I did, but who could have foreseen the future. I thought I would have my passport by June 2020, yet here we are in Oct 2021 after almost 2 years and I am still waiting for the oath, and I don't expect to get my passport before the end of Q1 2022 (the passport alone needs 2 months!!).

Reactions: Tulip85 and chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Indeed bad luck. I also regret applying when I did, but who could have foreseen the future. I thought I would have my passport by June 2020, yet here we are in Oct 2021 after almost 2 years and I am still waiting for the oath, and I don't expect to get my passport before the end of Q1 2022 (the passport alone needs 2 months!!).
Indeed. I, much like you, thought I'd be enjoying the full privileges of citizenship by mid last year, late last year at the latest. Then I held out hope that I could get it before the elections this year, but, nope, looks like I'll be sitting for another 2 (or maybe 4) more years until the next go-around. I'd like to make my displeasure heard at the ballot box.

USIndian

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Montreal applicant. Applied August 2020
My oath ceremony is scheduled for November 9th, but have no details yet.
Does anyone know if they are virtual or in person?

Member123

Nov 1, 2021
August 2020 - Citizenship application
Hi, how long does it take to get the passport after oath taking? Your response will be greatly appreciated, as I have my flight ticket already on December 1st and my oath taking is on November 19. Thank you

Reactions: USIndian