+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news : Refugee travel document and certificate of identity services are now available !

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello,

I recently noticed in this forum a strong campaign to denounce the non-possibility of applying for a travel document (Blue document, convention of 1951), without proving an exceptional reason.

Well, it looks like that situation is over: Now anyone can request or renew the document, without justification. Like it was before this epidemic broke out, which destroyed the lives of many of us here...

It is the official site that mentions it, and the mention that the request can only be made for an emergency has been removed.

See here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html

Refugee travel document and certificate of identity services are now available

Find out how to apply for regular or urgent service.

If you already applied and now need a travel document urgently, contact us.

A personal comment from me, if I may give you good advice, my very dear friends:

** Hurry up to request or renew your blue documents, especially if you already have a permanent resident card (= A validity period of 5 years on the document, instead of 2 years)... Hurry up, because nothing does not guarantee a closure of everything if a new wave of covid returns in the fall... Just saying.

Reactions: InSearchOfHappiness

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hello,

I recently noticed in this forum a strong campaign to denounce the non-possibility of applying for a travel document (Blue document, convention of 1951), without proving an exceptional reason.

Well, it looks like that situation is over: Now anyone can request or renew the document, without justification. Like it was before this epidemic broke out, which destroyed the lives of many of us here...

It is the official site that mentions it, and the mention that the request can only be made for an emergency has been removed.

See here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians.html

Refugee travel document and certificate of identity services are now available

Find out how to apply for regular or urgent service.

If you already applied and now need a travel document urgently, contact us.

A personal comment from me, if I may give you good advice, my very dear friends:

** Hurry up to request or renew your blue documents, especially if you already have a permanent resident card (= A validity period of 5 years on the document, instead of 2 years)... Hurry up, because nothing does not guarantee a closure of everything if a new wave of covid returns in the fall... Just saying.
If you currently have a valid RTD...when is the best time to apply for a renewal...Mine expires in feb