+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news, here's the speed-up

karmadoc

Oct 15, 2012
Anin
I have no idea why this is taking so long, only that my application must be on the bottom of a pile on someone's desk somewhere. I have only 2 to 3 weeks absence outside of Canada each year, proof of which is on my passport and with my PRC file. Just proof of a completely inefficient federal government department imho!
I've been in Canada for many, many years and have been totally happy to this point with having permanent resident status. One of the big reasons I applied for Citizenship after all this time was so that I can VOTE and help to get the present federal government out of office, I haven't been shy about citing that reason...maybe that's the hold up on my application ;D

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karmadoc said:
One of the big reasons I applied for Citizenship after all this time was so that I can VOTE and help to get the present federal government out of office, I haven't been shy about citing that reason...maybe that's the hold up on my application ;D
Have you mentioned on citizenship application that you want to vote to get the present federal government out of office.

karmadoc

Oct 15, 2012
rajmalhotra7 said:
Have you mentioned on citizenship application that you want to vote to get the present federal government out of office.
No, of course not! For one there's nowhere on the application to put anything like that and for another, I wouldn't be that silly!

R1037

Apr 11, 2013
Applied for citizenship sept 2010
Application recd oct 2010 by Scarborough office
Citizenship test Jan 2012
Request for cbsa and ppt copies recd in march 2012
Sent addtl docs in aprl 2012
Application moved to st Clair and then moved back to Scarborough office
Called cic today and was told by agent that judge hearing could be in sept 2013
Btw I am from middle east.

jsuresh

Apr 12, 2013
Hi All,

I sent my application on March 8, 2013 via Canada Post "Express Post". I'm based in Fredericton, NB. According to the delivery receipt, CIC received my package on the 11th Of March, 2013.

Reading all of your timeline, I was hoping that I would have received the acknowledgement letter by now, but I still have not received it.

I checked my status online, but I got a page listing out possible reasons why there is no record. This suggests that my file has probably not been looked at yet. I tried my PR card number and my last name (i.e. family name) (event client ID and even the IMM 5401 receipt number), but nothing worked.

Has anyone encountered the situation above?

A colleague of mine sometime in November 2012, and he received the acknowledgement letter in December. Any advise/comment/experience you would like to share would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Suresh

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsuresh said:
Hi All,

I sent my application on March 8, 2013 via Canada Post "Express Post". I'm based in Fredericton, NB. According to the delivery receipt, CIC received my package on the 11th Of March, 2013.

Reading all of your timeline, I was hoping that I would have received the acknowledgement letter by now, but I still have not received it.

I checked my status online, but I got a page listing out possible reasons why there is no record. This suggests that my file has probably not been looked at yet. I tried my PR card number and my last name (i.e. family name) (event client ID and even the IMM 5401 receipt number), but nothing worked.

Has anyone encountered the situation above?

A colleague of mine sometime in November 2012, and he received the acknowledgement letter in December. Any advise/comment/experience you would like to share would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Suresh.
AOR can take up to 10 weeks. Call CIC and ask them what date of applications they are opening. If its before your application arrived then you have to wait a while.

jsuresh

Apr 12, 2013
Thanks for your reply Msafiri.

I'll give it a couple more weeks before calling CIC.

Best Regards,
Suresh

yazmost

Star Member
Apr 27, 2007
Msafiri said:
To summarize applications haven't been speeded up. That will only occur when either the CIC resource is increased (funded by higher fees) or applications reduced likely by amendments to the Citizenship Act e.g. increase qualifying period to 5 years of physical presence.
Hi Msafiri,
Is there any talks about increasing the qualifying period to 5 years of physical presence? That's scary especially if you add 2 more years processing! please confirm your sources. I always appreciate your response and help of the members.

Regards

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yazmost said:
Hi Msafiri,
Is there any talks about increasing the qualifying period to 5 years of physical presence? That's scary especially if you add 2 more years processing! please confirm your sources. I always appreciate your response and help of the members.

Regards
No talk of increasing the physical presence but the 2 main parties (well one of them is 3rd now) have in the past raised making the residence criteria be that of physical presence. At the moment there are 3 strands of the residence test which is an absurdity beyond belief...you can have 2 people with the same profile and depending on the test the judge applies one will get Citizenship and one will not. CIC and the Courts are leaning towards the physical presence test though as they should. For this reason its pointless applying before you have 1095 physical days - if you do your application goes the 'non routine' route.

Increasing fees will not reduce processing times in the short term..there is a time lag to hiring more staff and training them. Increasing the physical presence would reduce the inventory overnight and make it seem the government is tough/ increasing the value of citizenship and you bet the voters would love that kind of rhetoric - this increase in the physical presence would require an amendment to the Citizenship Act.