+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news for those between 350-450

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
This is not a speculation. 81% of the ITA being issued are to people are who are already in Canada with valid Job offers and LMIAs.

The current Express Entry model and Round of Invitation system is not sustainable if they were to meet the immigration levels. Once the back log is done, the score will rapidly drop.

However, with the new government sworn in today, we might see a huge shift in the policy and the way they select the immigrants going forward......

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyCanadaVisa said:
This is not a speculation. 81% of the ITA being issued are to people are who are already in Canada with valid Job offers and LMIAs.

The current Express Entry model and Round of Invitation system is not sustainable if they were to meet the immigration levels. Once the back log is done, the score will rapidly drop.

However, with the new government sworn in today, we might see a huge shift in the policy and the way they select the immigrants going forward......
Anything that is not officially published by CIC or announced by immigration minister, is all speculation.

EasyCanadaVisa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
RamsayBolton said:
Anything that is not officially published by CIC or announced by immigration minister, is all speculation.
If you look at the number of ITAs issued and cut off scores, you will see that it is actually published on the CIC website. OP is talking about the NEC that was held in Toronto on Oct 29 and 30 at Delta hotel on 401 and kennedy where CIC operations manager Ravi Sall gave a 2 hour insight on the Express Entry and CRS scores.

Its OK to be skeptical but once in a while using common sense might not be that bad of an idea after all.....

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyCanadaVisa said:
If you look at the number of ITAs issued and cut off scores, you will see that it is actually published on the CIC website. OP is talking about the NEC that was held in Toronto on Oct 29 and 30 at Delta hotel on 401 and kennedy where CIC operations manager Ravi Sall gave a 2 hour insight on the Express Entry and CRS scores.

Its OK to be skeptical but once in a while using common sense might not be that bad of an idea after all.....
Am I saying anything without using common sense? Are you John McCallum? Do you have the authority to set draw score on the behalf of Canadian goverment? If not then anything you or any members on this forum say are all speculation. It's a fact.

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if i were an IELTS examiner, i'll give you +0.5 bonus (assuming you had not reached band 9 yet) just because of this phrase :)

"If not then anything you or any members on this forum say are all speculation. It's a fact."

RamsayBolton said:
Am I saying anything without using common sense? Are you John McCallum? Do you have the authority to set draw score on the behalf of Canadian goverment? If not then anything you or any members on this forum say are all speculation. It's a fact.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
PK_11 said:
score might fall down tp 420 - 430 ,OPNP might stop giving PNP in DEC and Jan, as they dont process application in those two month. So score might fall down by end of nov and in dec(just my thought, ppl can ignore if they want). Hope for best guys.
Who told you Ontario dont process application in Jan and Dec?? Is there 2 month long christmas vacation in Ontario??

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Asivad Anac said:
That is speculation. And it is the classic "someone told me that their uncle's neighbor had this information from a reliable source" act.

Fact of the matter, it isn't reliable unless you can rightfully claim to have been in the room with those CIC reps (and having verified them to be indeed who they are) and having heard it from the horse's mouth and then playing that conversation out for everyone's benefit. Without that, this is just another immigration lawyer making positive predictions which is sort of expected because that's how they'll retain existing clients and get new ones to sign up for their services. Not surprised at all with their positivism but I would've probably believed them if they had said 425-450 instead. This was clearly overselling. And even that isn't surprising. The bulk of their clients are expected to be exactly those people who are unable to identify or implement the right mechanisms to push up their scores and desperately turn to them for support. It is immoral to mislead them but it makes perfect business sense for an immigration lawyer.

Caveat emptor, I would conclude.
Hi Asivad,
Couldn't agree much. Why will they drop to even 400 when there are good candidate b/w 430-450. Lawyers are money minting machine once you dispense money they don't know you and you run after them. Sad but true.

I am happy National Defence Minister in Indian Mr. Sajjan :)

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shdhsjej said:
Who told you Ontario dont process application in Jan and Dec?? Is there 2 month long christmas vacation in Ontario??
Please check this page, specifically under the Header 'Service Standards'

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Not sure if they'll enjoy a 2months vacation but they will definitely not process the application

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While I completely understand the emotion, I have to agree with the theory that this could all just be for the sake of retaining clients (from the perspective of the lawyers). Since we are all just speculating, there are a few points to keep in mind..
Do we have detailed breakdown of the number of immigrants they are planning for 2016?
I believe they plan to increase refugees from 10k to 25k (as per the latest news article I read), as well as double the parental sponsorship, and further support spousal sponsorship... all while keeping the total figure the same.... then it is not unreasonable to assume that the number of EE applicants could drop a bit... as the other components increase..

Also, once the backlogs are over, they may not have a need to drop the scores below 400... because there are enough people entering the pool on a daily basis.. I'm sure there are several thousand just from 445 to 449 alone..

Another point is the backlogs themselves.. I still know of people who have not heard back after submitting their files in early 2014... so it might take a while for them to even clear that backlog.... minimum 6 to 8 months realistically....

In the Liberal campaign, they also mentioned that they will add points for those who have Canadian siblings... this might change the points breakdown completely... though I suspect that this will take a while to implement..

There is no reason for them to come down much further, as there are more than enough people with CLB 9 in IELTS, between 25-30 years and with the required education... just looking at the Subcontinent and Middle East alone, the number of people who meet these requirements and are absolutely DESPERATE to do whatever it takes to get out of India/ Pakistan/ ME.. a lot of it due to security concerns and growing intolerance in these countries... so people will re-do IELTS and take all the english classes required to reach where they need to.... while others who do not improve their scores over time or work on the PNP may well be left behind..

Atleast this system is way better than the old FSW system which was limited by NOC... If you did not have any of those 29 or so occupations, it was a clearcut no chance situation... which was very unfortunate for so many of us... as there is almost noway to change occupation.... but here there is a chance to improve and use our own skills..

So while there is potential to go down a BIT, there is no way for us to know until they surprise us... so until then, the only option is to keep pushing for more... I know it is extremely difficult.. I have family and friends who are trying so hard to beat that 400 mark but just unable to... either due to nervousness during the IELTS or no Masters degree.. but we are pushing them to train on the IELTs harder, because there is really nothing else you can do. We can keep praying or hoping for the scores to fall, but need to continue working on improving the scores ourselves too.

Goodluck to all...

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His online free podcasts are usually decent to listen to.. I have heard some before - they were very brief but made sense..
When I click on this site, however, the first thing I noticed, is that they are charging $187 for a half an hour consult and $497 on how to FILL EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE! That rings enough bells for me... If anyone is going to pay a guy $500 just for filling a profile that is free, then no wonder he will continue to say things that people want to hear... if nothing else, he will atleast get that much money by people consulting him to fill the profile, no matter their score.
I am not judging the quality of his work, because I cannot speak for that - though personally, I think anyone hiring a consultant or lawyer is making the biggest mistake ever.. (I almost considered it too, but I soon realized it would be the silliest waste of money.. thank God for this forum!!)... However, I think it is fair to judge the fact that he is charging people so much money for something that takes 20-25 minutes for anyone to fill on their own, free of cost.... That alone makes me distrust the guy... I'm sorry...

I realize that this is off topic from the topic of the thread.. but I really hope noone falls for traps like this and thinks that these guys can help them any more than this forum... In the Middle East alone, people pay a good $7-8,000 for consultants... and am sure this guy will charge equal or more if someone gets an ITA... So please stay away from such places...

Back to the topic on hand, well.... As I said, I distrust the site and the ethics of the people behind this (I understand that it is normal for lawyers to overcharge, but that is not the point) So.... not sure how I feel about that content of his podcasts...

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Asivad Anac said:
That is speculation. And it is the classic "someone told me that their uncle's neighbor had this information from a reliable source" act.

Fact of the matter, it isn't reliable unless you can rightfully claim to have been in the room with those CIC reps (and having verified them to be indeed who they are) and having heard it from the horse's mouth and then playing that conversation out for everyone's benefit. Without that, this is just another immigration lawyer making positive predictions which is sort of expected because that's how they'll retain existing clients and get new ones to sign up for their services. Not surprised at all with their positivism but I would've probably believed them if they had said 425-450 instead. This was clearly overselling. And even that isn't surprising. The bulk of their clients are expected to be exactly those people who are unable to identify or implement the right mechanisms to push up their scores and desperately turn to them for support. It is immoral to mislead them but it makes perfect business sense for an immigration lawyer.

Caveat emptor, I would conclude.
Now what about this topic. How many topics will u block? i hope by now you must have reported to delete this topic.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Now what about this topic. How many topics will u block? i hope by now you must have reported to delete this topic.
I'm not the only one on the forum, you know. There are tens of thousands of members here. And if you feel persecuted by random anonymous online members from across the World who have nothing in common except the motivations to move to Canada, you should probably do some more introspection to identify the reasons.

This thread isn't wildly speculative, written in an overly pessimistic or overly optimistic tone or racist/offensive. Probably that's why it is still here unlike other threads which have been removed.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Asivad Anac said:
I'm not the only one on the forum, you know. There are tens of thousands of members here. And if you feel persecuted by random anonymous online members from across the World who have nothing in common except the motivations to move to Canada, you should probably do some more introspection to identify the reasons.

This thread isn't wildly speculative, written in an overly pessimistic or overly optimistic tone or racist/offensive. Probably that's why it is still here unlike other threads which have been removed.
ok thanks.

ajanoni

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Sao Paulo - SP
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016
Nomination.....
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2016
We'll have a clear view of what will happen only when the next report has been issued by CIC probably in January. It will show how many people entered in the pool and figures about issued visas in 2015. The most important statistic for me is the number of ITA / number of visas effectively issued in a period.