+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News for Members of ICAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IndianCA said:
Hi B2C,
I am an Indian CA wanting to immigrate to Canada. I just heard about the MRA with CIC. Has it been announced yet? I searched on the net but the latest post says that it will be announced soon.

Secondly, should I wait for the MRA and become a member of cic and then apply for permanent residency or start applying for immigration and then do whatever is required under the MRA.

Regards,
Indian CA
You are right sir. MRA has not been signed yet. It is expected soon.

AND,

Please dont wait for MRA. Even after its signing i dont think you will get any additional edge for getting the PR. Your application will be processed as per the applicable rules and it will required minimum amount of time. My advise is you should file the case on ASAP.

Best of Luck.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mydream said:
Hi All

I have got the following query :

If at all ICAI enters MRA with CGA or CICA, how it is going to help a CA who wants to immigrate to Canada. I have read several threads here which clearly state that 'Local Experience' is of utmost important while finding out employment. Hence Canadian employers will not accept Indian CA directly as an employee. So according to me a person needs to do all odd jobs in initial days irrespective of whether there is any MRA.

Can anyone share any info on this ?

Regds
Mydream
I think after MRA the requirement of local degree will be met as has been the case after MRA with CPA Aus., ICAEW.
I know many CAs in Aus, they found more job opportunities, after getting memberships of AUS.CPA.
Though nothing can be said with 100% certainty, we can expect that our chances of getting jobs will become better after getting membership of CGA or CICA under the MRA.
Best of Luck

vbhatt

Dec 30, 2009
Hi
Thanks to all of you for doing such a nice job :)
I am CA (Inida) and have come to Canada since last 2 months. I had come to join my husband. Now his project is getting extended and we have decided to stay here for another 9 months.
I have 6 years of exp in back office of clearing house and 1 year exp in Accounting and payroll.
My problem is finding work here .... :(
I am not planning to study as of now, as we are not PR.
So I need views on :
how to find job with CA designation ? I am ready for entry level job as well but not getting any response from employers.
Will transcript will help me in finding job, or credential evaluation by CGA-Ontario will expedite my job finding process ?
Thanks

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
vbhatt said:
Hi
Thanks to all of you for doing such a nice job :)
I am CA (Inida) and have come to Canada since last 2 months. I had come to join my husband. Now his project is getting extended and we have decided to stay here for another 9 months.
I have 6 years of exp in back office of clearing house and 1 year exp in Accounting and payroll.
My problem is finding work here .... :(
I am not planning to study as of now, as we are not PR.
So I need views on :
how to find job with CA designation ? I am ready for entry level job as well but not getting any response from employers.
Will transcript will help me in finding job, or credential evaluation by CGA-Ontario will expedite my job finding process ?
Thanks
Hi All,

I am a new joinee to this forum.

I am an Indian CA who have applied for permanent residence in Canada in April 2010, got approved from CIC, Nova Scotia in June 2010, and have submitted documents to ND office in July 2010, and awaiting response from them in the monthend.

Does anyone have any update on proposed MRA between ICAI-India and CGA-Canada & CICA. Is it likely to be done within 3-4 months?

Regards to All
A

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
@Mehul,

I'm also Indian CA. Abt MRA development, so far now news when it'll get signed. Once it goes throug our life will become alot more simpler.

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Dear All,

One great news for all Indian CAs.

ICAI has signed MOU with CICA on 7th February, 2011. The details will be available on ICAI website soon.

Cheers.

Mehul

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Hello
If the MOU has been signed on 7-Feb-2011, then how come the details are not available on ICAI website ?

Regds
Mydream

newcaakk

Aug 15, 2011
Hi,

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted anything on this topic. However, when I recently checked, the MRA has been signed between ICAI and CICA.

Now, my question is this:

I am currently in my Second year of BComm, and have cleared my 1st level CPT for CA in India. However, I will be clearing my IPCC in November. My plan is to finish my BComm in India, while also having cleared the first two level for CA in India, and then migrating to Canada to complete CA there.

What I would like to know is that will I get and credit for the examinations (CPT & IPCC) that I have completed toward the CA in Canada? And will my BComm degree be valid for the educational requirements for CA from CICA?

Thanks.