+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News for Members of ICAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Members of ICAI,
Good news for all of us.
The MRA between ICAI and CICA & CGA-Canada is expected to be finalized soon. The ICAI’s President has mentioned following information in his message of December 27,2009.
Let us Hope for the best.
Best of Luck to all.

International Initiatives

My top priority has been the international positioning of brand CA India.To that end I aimed to have recognition arrangements in place with the Canadian accounting profession as well after our arrangements with UK and Australia. I am pleased to tell you that we are in the final phase of dialogue with the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) and expect to capitalise a working arrangement with them soon. A similar arrangement is also under discussion with CGA-Canada. An arrangement with CPA Ireland will be unveiled soon while CPA Hong Kong has been approached for initiating the dialogue. As you can see, I am ensuring that we don’t lose any time in making ICAI global.

Himanshukhamar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
11-01-2010
Med's Request
8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
Hi B2C ,

May be our New President of ICAI will look fast towards agreement between CA and (CGA and Canadian Chartered Accountants).I have some questions for you . Kindly advice me.

(1) For CGA , There is clear cut exemptions from some Papers for Indian Chartered Accountants, but for Canada Chartered Accountants , I cant understood exemption.and again it vary depends on Province to Province. My question is which one we can get faster. CGA or Chartered Accountants Of Canada?
(2) My P.R. will take still 4 to 5 months,Should i join any institution now to reduce my study time in Canada?

I am C.A. of November,2002 batch.

Please advice.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himanshukhamar said:
Hi B2C ,

May be our New President of ICAI will look fast towards agreement between CA and (CGA and Canadian Chartered Accountants).I have some questions for you . Kindly advice me.

(1) For CGA , There is clear cut exemptions from some Papers for Indian Chartered Accountants, but for Canada Chartered Accountants , I cant understood exemption.and again it vary depends on Province to Province. My question is which one we can get faster. CGA or Chartered Accountants Of Canada?
(2) My P.R. will take still 4 to 5 months,Should i join any institution now to reduce my study time in Canada?

Please advice.
1. As of now, CGA offers more clear cut exemptions than the CICA and it is considered comparative easier, less expensive and time saving. This is the reason for which probably more of Indian CAs do CGA. However, once the MRA is signed, we may be considered equivalent to Canadian CA and CGA irrespective to providences on the same lines as we have existing MRAs with ICAA, CPA Australia & ICEW.

2. Your cannot join any of Canadian course before landing on study visa or with PR.

Himanshukhamar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
11-01-2010
Med's Request
8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
b2c said:
1. As of now, CGA offers more clear cut exemptions than the CICA and it is considered comparative easier, less expensive and time saving. This is the reason for which probably more of Indian CAs do CGA. However, once the MRA is signed, we may be considered equivalent to Canadian CA and CGA irrespective to providences on the same lines as we have existing MRAs with ICAA, CPA Australia & ICEW.

2. Your cannot join any of Canadian course before landing on study visa or with PR.
Many thanks to you. If i will take Original Degree Certificates with me , IS it sufficient for them to give me exemptions of Papers or should they ask for transcripts from ICAI?
Please reply.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himanshukhamar said:
Many thanks to you. If i will take Original Degree Certificates with me , IS it sufficient for them to give me exemptions of Papers or should they ask for transcripts from ICAI?
Please reply.
At present for getting transfer of credit the Indian CAs have to file application with certificate of good standing & transcripts and deposit fee of CAD 300 with the respective CGA office. They take 20-30 days to process the application and revert back with evaluation that is valid for a period 2 years. You may visit www.cga-ontario.org to get more information. But I think it is better to wait for some time to see the progress of MRAs.

Himanshukhamar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
11-01-2010
Med's Request
8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
b2c said:
At present for getting transfer of credit the Indian CAs have to file application with certificate of good standing & transcripts and deposit fee of CAD 300 with the respective CGA office. They take 20-30 days to process the application and revert back with evaluation that is valid for a period 2 years. You may visit www.cga-ontario.org to get more information. But I think it is better to wait for some time to see the progress of MRAs.
Thanks very much. Now just for sake of interest , i will collect transcript and Certificate of good standing from ICAI. As we are going to same Country, In the same field ,May be we will meet someday , somewhere . My email id . is cahkhamar@yahoo.co.in.

Thanks and have a Wonderful day.

Himanshu Khamar

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himanshukhamar said:
Thanks very much. Now just for sake of interest , i will collect transcript and Certificate of good standing from ICAI. As we are going to same Country, In the same field ,May be we will meet someday , somewhere . My email id . is cahkhamar @ yahoo.co.in.

Thanks and have a Wonderful day.

Himanshu Khamar
Sure.. we can plan to meet sometime..will send a mail on the above ID.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi b2c,

That's great news.Thanks for the info.Hope the MRA goes thro fast with CICA and CGA.

regards

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
penpal said:
Hi b2c,

That's great news.Thanks for the info.Hope the MRA goes thro fast with CICA and CGA.

regards
It is kind of lottery man.

casiddhartha

Jan 20, 2010
Hello Dear member,

I am also a CA, want to migrate in Canada. Can you tell me what documentation required to move to Canada or I need to consult with an agent.

Himanshukhamar said:
Hi B2C ,

Please advice.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casiddhartha said:
Hello Dear member,

I am also a CA, want to migrate in Canada. Can you tell me what documentation required to move to Canada or I need to consult with an agent.
Forget agent. Apply yourself. It will save arround CAD 1500. All the relevant information is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp.

If you need any further information write on this blog or email me.

Best of Luck.

IndianCA

Feb 13, 2010
Hi B2C,
I am an Indian CA wanting to immigrate to Canada. I just heard about the MRA with CIC. Has it been announced yet? I searched on the net but the latest post says that it will be announced soon.

Secondly, should I wait for the MRA and become a member of cic and then apply for permanent residency or start applying for immigration and then do whatever is required under the MRA.

Regards,
Indian CA

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Hi All

I have got the following query :

If at all ICAI enters MRA with CGA or CICA, how it is going to help a CA who wants to immigrate to Canada. I have read several threads here which clearly state that 'Local Experience' is of utmost important while finding out employment. Hence Canadian employers will not accept Indian CA directly as an employee. So according to me a person needs to do all odd jobs in initial days irrespective of whether there is any MRA.

Can anyone share any info on this ?

Regds
Mydream

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
mydream said:
Hi All

I have got the following query :

If at all ICAI enters MRA with CGA or CICA, how it is going to help a CA who wants to immigrate to Canada. I have read several threads here which clearly state that 'Local Experience' is of utmost important while finding out employment. Hence Canadian employers will not accept Indian CA directly as an employee. So according to me a person needs to do all odd jobs in initial days irrespective of whether there is any MRA.

Can anyone share any info on this ?

Regds
Mydream
You are right.

UnLike in India one do not find principals for completing the articles as easily. Moreover Good Consulting firms articled clerks (dont know what they are called in Canada) directly from Colleges specially E&Y, PWC etc.

Its better to do CGA there.

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Thanks Accounts for the quick reply.

I am an Indian CA and applied for immigration under the old system and got the file number in June-2006. Till date there is no responce from CHC. Now I am really doubtful about the year when the Visa will be granted. And even if the VISA is made available, I am not sure about a suitable (even some odd) job available in Canada. It appears from the info available on different websites that the employment position in Canada is not very encouraging as of now.

Meanwhile Australia immigration looks simpler as ICAI has already entered MRA with CA institute over there.

Has anyone got any idea about the processing times for Australian Immigration from India ?

I appreciate any help / guidance in this regard.

Thanks
Mydream