Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not an expert on Parliament procedures but just following the news here in Canada. Government is trying to wrap up this changes by July 1 (Which is Canada day).

Have a look on this news link : http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/government-canada-aims-pass-canadian-citizenship-act-law-july-1-058036.html

There are other sources as well which tells the same thing.

Hope this will help .

Thank you.

Keshab

thejkhan said:
Anyone saying it will be passed in 2 weeks has not the slightest clue about the stages a bill has to go through before getting Royal Assent!

No one can tell at this point.

Probably yes, but the Senate can still suggest amendment so that the 3/5 rule does not apply retroactively to those becoming PR before the bill comes into force.

Why would they do that? Conservatives can be batsh1t crazy!

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Kghimire said:
I am not an expert on Parliament procedures but just following the news here in Canada. Government is trying to wrap up this changes by July 1 (Which is Canada day).

Have a look on this news link : http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/government-canada-aims-pass-canadian-citizenship-act-law-july-1-058036.html

There are other sources as well which tells the same thing.

Hope this will help .

Thank you.

Keshab
These are outdated news and also they come from the immigration agency website, it does not have any value at all

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kghimire said:
Government is trying to wrap up this changes by July 1.
You're kidding me. No, actually the government is kidding us!

Good luck government, I'm with you all the way! Can't believe the grumpy, old, fat men in the Senate would be so nice as to gift us a new bill on Canada day! :)

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
thejkhan said:
Can't believe the grumpy, old, fat men in the Senate would be so nice as to gift us a new bill on Canada day! :)
Oh com on you taxpayer. They are there on a taxpayer paid lifelong vacation and to oppose the democratic will of the country as they have waken up from 10 year sleep of rubber stamping Harper bills. You want a gift from them, come on - it will be paid from your taxes itself. That's not a gift.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quasar81 said:
Oh com on you taxpayer. They are there on a taxpayer paid lifelong vacation and to oppose the democratic will of the country as they have waken up from 10 year sleep of rubber stamping Harper bills. You want a gift from them, come on - it will be paid from your taxes itself. That's not a gift.
Lol!

wamfeo

Dec 19, 2012
The Senate just dodged the bill for this month of June. Many were expecting that it will pass through senate in this month to celebrate it on July 1st, Canada Day. But all the efforts of the Minister John MCullum went into the drain. Now we need to expect September 19th when they begin again the sessions. Not too late but for those who were waiting to be Citizens have to wait a long more time. May be the senators think that Canada is their property. First of all 98% of people in Canada think that Senate is an useless institution to make things complicated and complex. Next elections the Conservatives will be an insignificant minority or they may not exist at all.
WAMFEO

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
wamfeo said:
The Senate just dodged the bill for this month of June. Many were expecting that it will pass through senate in this month to celebrate it on July 1st, Canada Day. But all the efforts of the Minister John MCullum went into the drain. Now we need to expect September 19th when they begin again the sessions. Not too late but for those who were waiting to be Citizens have to wait a long more time. May be the senators think that Canada is their property. First of all 98% of people in Canada think that Senate is an useless institution to make things complicated and complex. Next elections the Conservatives will be an insignificant minority or they may not exist at all.
WAMFEO
i think you will find in many countries the general population have the same negative feelings about politicians and this is not unique to Canada. Not sure I can support your statement that senators think Canada is their property given senators are Canadian citizens after all so it is their country.

peris

Apr 20, 2016
Argent
hi every one please fill up this form is very important and in box share your thoughts,,,just write your comment( pass Bill-c6) or tell them to work hard to pass bill c-6 what ever you write better

please put w w w. infront of this link i had very hard time to post this link

liberal.ca/building-a-better-future-priorities-for-fall-2016/

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
peris said:
Argent
hi every one please fill up this form is very important and in box share your thoughts,,,just write your comment( pass Bill-c6) or tell them to work hard to pass bill c-6 what ever you write better

please put w w w. infront of this link i had very hard time to post this link

liberal.ca/building-a-better-future-priorities-for-fall-2016/
This is pointless as C-6 is already going through the legislative process. The Liberals are now waiting on the Senate, which they don't control.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
peris said:
tell them to work hard
lol... sorry but I couldn't help chuckle a bit when I read this. Think of who you are asking to work hard. Might as well go all out and ask them to be honest too.