+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOOD NEWS!!! Bill C-6 Citizenship Act was passed in second reading

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
edc604 said:
Your reply is a political reply. Who is going to pick up the costs of theses immigrants that have not contributed any taxes ( for those who have a passport of convienience ) when they decide to actually live in CaNADA as a tax paying citizen???
What cost are you talking about? Every skilled immigrants are required to bringing sufficient settlement fund before their PR visa is approved. They came here hoping to find a job but there is none, if you want them to stay they will not only not paying any tax (not because they do not want to but there is no opportunity for them to find gainful employment) but they also have to rely on welfare tax credit due to low income. They do have the skills but Canada has no job that can absorb those skills, so they have to reach out to opportunities outside Canada. Remember forcing people to stay in Canada even without jobs can only drain the financial systems here and people like you and your family has to foot the bill in this case since these immigrants are trapped here and they need to eat and live as human too since Canada accepted them as permanent residents

spyrosbestplumber

Dec 17, 2012
edc604 said:
As a 72 year old Canadian born citizen, I am totally fed up with this amendment ( C-6 ). I have lived all my life in Canada and have raised a family, paid full taxes and now am in retirement. This bill will allow immigrants to not pay taxes but reap the benefits if and when they decide ( if ever ) to live hear they will have much the same benefits as our family will have after continuous employment for at least 40 years here in Canada.

Who is going to take up the places of retired workers if these new immigrants do not have to live here and pay taxes.

Also the provision that the new immigrants do not have to provide information that they have lived in Canada for what should be more than 5 years ( and have proof of paying taxes here in CANADA ) and definitely not less than 5 years is totally ridiculous!!!!
It is not exactly as you put it.I am grateful that I was given the privilege to live in Canada as a permanent resident and eventually to become Canadian ,but you are missing the bigger picture.First of all ,let's agree that countries do not have feelings ,they only have interests .And it is for the best interest of Canada for me (and others like me )to be here ,otherwise I wouldn't .You see ,on the one hand ,myself like 200.000 immigrants per year ,when I was firstly here I brought about 15.000 dollars as settlement funds ( prerequisite )which is the average .If you do the math ,for every fiscal year ,immigration brings about 3 billions with a B of money into the country and its economy.On the other hand ,all those people will consume ,buy houses ,pay taxes etch ,so I am pretty sure there is no doubt for the positive impact this could have .Canada has not spend a single cent for my training and education .Nevertheless ,it gets job and language ready people to contribute to its economy.This is why it is a win -win situation ,when you choose to whom you will grant the privilege to become part of the country.In addition to the above ,it is a solution for the constant aging of the population.
As a permanent resident here ,there is almost no difference with a citizen ,except from voting and being involved with some very sensitive government roles .I have exactly the same access to the benefits as you do ,a born and raised Canadian .You need to understand that the harder it is for me ,and everyone in my shoes ,to become a citizen ,the more willing I am to compete with you and work for less in order to survive .The more discrimination ,the more I will compromise with less ,and eventually will drag you down with me .Let me give you an example ,when I started working here I was being paid 22 /ph ,when I became a permanent resident very easily I jumped to 36 /ph within a month. I believe I was probably hired instead of some Canadian or PR ,but I had to compromise in order to survive . As a PR ,I had much more choices therefore no imperative need to compromise .That is the idea behind it .Be here in the first place if it is gainful for the country ,let me exploit your education ,become equal soon so you will integrate quickly to the society and become part of it.

hossein61

Apr 17, 2012
spyrosbestplumber said:
It is not exactly as you put it.I am grateful that I was given the privilege to live in Canada as a permanent resident and eventually to become Canadian ,but you are missing the bigger picture.First of all ,let's agree that countries do not have feelings ,they only have interests .And it is for the best interest of Canada for me (and others like me )to be here ,otherwise I wouldn't .You see ,on the one hand ,myself like 200.000 immigrants per year ,when I was firstly here I brought about 15.000 dollars as settlement funds ( prerequisite )which is the average .If you do the math ,for every fiscal year ,immigration brings about 3 billions with a B of money into the country and its economy.On the other hand ,all those people will consume ,buy houses ,pay taxes etch ,so I am pretty sure there is no doubt for the positive impact this could have .Canada has not spend a single cent for my training and education .Nevertheless ,it gets job and language ready people to contribute to its economy.This is why it is a win -win situation ,when you choose to whom you will grant the privilege to become part of the country.In addition to the above ,it is a solution for the constant aging of the population.
As a permanent resident here ,there is almost no difference with a citizen ,except from voting and being involved with some very sensitive government roles .I have exactly the same access to the benefits as you do ,a born and raised Canadian .You need to understand that the harder it is for me ,and everyone in my shoes ,to become a citizen ,the more willing I am to compete with you and work for less in order to survive .The more discrimination ,the more I will compromise with less ,and eventually will drag you down with me .Let me give you an example ,when I started working here I was being paid 22 /ph ,when I became a permanent resident very easily I jumped to 36 /ph within a month. I believe I was probably hired instead of some Canadian or PR ,but I had to compromise in order to survive . As a PR ,I had much more choices therefore no imperative need to compromise .That is the idea behind it .Be here in the first place if it is gainful for the country ,let me exploit your education ,become equal soon so you will integrate quickly to the society and become part of it.
I have a simple question for you. If you, as a Canadian born, had been working in a foreign country for a long time because it was a better opportunity there, then wouldn't you deserve to have the same benefit as another person who live here and pay tax? If your answer is yes, so you are contradicting your own statement.
You could say: All Canadian (including Canadian born) who have not paid tax for a certain amount of time, are not eligible to receive benefit as much as others who have paid. This rule does make more sense because a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian Sir!

done

Oct 28, 2013
He will not understand its a waste of time.

Any news regarding the bill-6.

I was suppose to apply a year a go but as many other I was prevented by the new law now I have to wait another year.

Just for the old canadien I broght to canada over 100000 dollar to invest and I know of people that broght more than 500000

esencan

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
19-05-2016
Had a quick question about C-6. My wife became a PR in May (2016). Once / if this law comes into affect will it be applied retroactively to all current PR's - i.e. will she able to become a citizen with the 3/5 rule as opposed to the 4/6?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
esencan said:
Had a quick question about C-6. My wife became a PR in May (2016). Once / if this law comes into affect will it be applied retroactively to all current PR's - i.e. will she able to become a citizen with the 3/5 rule as opposed to the 4/6?
Yes , your wife will apply under the 3/5 rule. By the time she becomes eligible this Bill will be already in effect.

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Politren said:
Yes , your wife will apply under the 3/5 rule. By the time she becomes eligible this Bill will be already in effect.
has the 3/5 rule been officially the law yet?

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
No the answer is no and not even closed to pass this summer

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its already been passed by Commons. Need 3rd reading in Senate and then to Royal Assent. Another 2 weeks and it will be law.

Thanks

spyfy said:
This is some rather premature excitement.

The bill passed second reading, now this will happen:

- The committee will discuss the bill and maybe propose adjustments. The committee votes on a recommendation.
- The bill goes back to the Commons for the third reading where all these propositions will be discussed
- The bill has to pass the third reading in the Commons
- The bill goes to the Senate
- The bill has to pass the first reading in the Senate
- The bill has to pass the second reading in the Senate
- The bill has to pass the third reading in the Senate
- The bill has to receive Royal Assent
- The bill needs to be published in the Canada Gazette
- The Government has to decide by Order-in-Council that the new 3/5 rule comes into effect.

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-6/

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Kghimire. How sure are you in two weeks is going to be a law that too soon

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Muby said:
Kghimire. How sure are you in two weeks is going to be a law that too soon
No one knows for sure. Everyone is speculating.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muby said:
How sure are you in two weeks is going to be a law that too soon
Anyone saying it will be passed in 2 weeks has not the slightest clue about the stages a bill has to go through before getting Royal Assent!

esencan said:
No one can tell at this point.

Probably yes, but the Senate can still suggest amendment so that the 3/5 rule does not apply retroactively to those becoming PR before the bill comes into force.

Why would they do that? Conservatives can be batsh1t crazy!