+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOOD NEWS!!! Bill C-6 Citizenship Act was passed in second reading

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
dabas said:
Politren and others, will the time spent as PR beyond the 3/5 if I were PR say 8 years ago count towrads citizenship at 1/2 as well?
Only the last 5 years backwards from the date of the application will count toward the 1095 days.
The days as a PR from 8 years ago WILL NOT be counted.

anon3721

Nov 17, 2015
I have been feeling really anxious about my application, and have been going all over the web to find things out. Think I'm gonna go insane soon...

But anyways, I found CIC's Human Resources and Budgetary Financial Resources plan for 2016-2017, authorized under John McCallum:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2016-2017/index.asp#a2.3.2

Compare it with Chris Alexander's plan for 2015-2016:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2015-2016/#a2.3.2

The Liberals plan to spend less money yet hire 80 more people for citizenship grant, which is quite interesting. Also note the declining number of employees over years with no mention of using maybe more advanced electronic processing or the likes.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Welcome to the team anon3721.

The budget is decreasing and the employees decreasing . That means only one thing = BIG BACKLOG WITH BIG PROCESSING DELAYS.

The same set up back in the days which was set up by the Conservatives. Now we see a complete repetition.

But the people are sooooo happy that the law will be changed, most probably because they don't realize still all the upcoming problems too which will start right after the cut off date of the 3/5 rule.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
i have a question to you :

i came in Canada 2013 dec as a working visa
i got PR Dec 2015

when i would be eligible to citizenship as per old rule

please note : i didn't go to back home yet for holiday and i have any plan next three years

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Need Canadian Pr said:
i have a question to you :

i came in Canada 2013 dec as a working visa
i got PR Dec 2015

when i would be eligible to citizenship as per old rule

please note : i didn't go to back home yet for holiday and i have any plan next three years
Dec 2019 under old rule. Dec 2017 under possibly new rule.

anon3721

Nov 17, 2015
Politren said:
Welcome to the team anon3721.

The budget is decreasing and the employees decreasing . That means only one thing = BIG BACKLOG WITH BIG PROCESSING DELAYS.

The same set up back in the days which was set up by the Conservatives. Now we see a complete repetition.

But the people are sooooo happy that the law will be changed, most probably because they don't realize still all the upcoming problems too which will start right after the cut off date of the 3/5 rule.
Also very disappointing that CIC still has not updated the "Reducing citizenship processing times and backlogs" for well over a year. McCallum really needs to step it up and show concrete numbers cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp

I'm not sure if CIC would do this, but for fairness, the applicants who applied before loosening of rules should be processed first -- including who are non-routine. It is kind of unfair for people who applied early to sacrifice their time for those who applied later, particularly non-routine'rs like me...

But then again, my neighbour and I both applied to immigrate to Canada at around the same time. I didn't get my PR until 4 years after she did. Maybe this poor luck is just hereditary.

P

pendro

when is going to be effect , hundreds thousands suffers from BILL c-24 , I came to Canada in August 2008 and became PR in April 2013 ,I supposed apply citizenship in June 21, 2015 but just ten days before Bill c-24 came to effect and broke hundreds thousand of hearts for no reason, now i had to wait for tow more years

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
pendro said:
when is going to be effect , hundreds thousands suffers from BILL c-24 , I came to Canada in August 2008 and became PR in April 2013 ,I supposed apply citizenship in June 21, 2015 but just ten days before Bill c-24 came to effect and broke hundreds thousand of hearts for no reason, now i had to wait for tow more years
Unfortunately it's very unlikely to become fully effective this year.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I disagree with you. I believe it is gonna be a law between August-Oct max. Look at the timeline for bill24 till it became a law.
https://openparliament.ca/bills/41-2/C-24/

Liberal is majority and all other parties are in favor of this bill excluding conservatives so it is gonna be even quicker than bill24.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Whocares said:
I disagree with you. I believe it is gonna be a law between August-Oct max. Look at the timeline for bill24 till it became a law.
https://openparliament.ca/bills/41-2/C-24/

Liberal is majority and all other parties are in favor of this bill excluding conservatives so it is gonna be even quicker than bill24.
I hope you make a difference between Royal Assent and Effective Date.

I also expect Royal Assent this June, but the 4/6 rule will be still effective long after the Royal Assent.

In the case of the current Bill C-24 the effective date for the current 4/6 rule came 11.5 months AFTER the Royal Assent.

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Hi guys
do you know when Bill C-6 will start to become an official requirement?

Thanks

edc604

May 14, 2016
As a 72 year old Canadian born citizen, I am totally fed up with this amendment ( C-6 ). I have lived all my life in Canada and have raised a family, paid full taxes and now am in retirement. This bill will allow immigrants to not pay taxes but reap the benefits if and when they decide ( if ever ) to live hear they will have much the same benefits as our family will have after continuous employment for at least 40 years here in Canada.

Who is going to take up the places of retired workers if these new immigrants do not have to live here and pay taxes.

Also the provision that the new immigrants do not have to provide information that they have lived in Canada for what should be more than 5 years ( and have proof of paying taxes here in CANADA ) and definitely not less than 5 years is totally ridiculous!!!!

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anon3721 said:
Also very disappointing that CIC still has not updated the "Reducing citizenship processing times and backlogs" for well over a year. McCallum really needs to step it up and show concrete numbers cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp

I'm not sure if CIC would do this, but for fairness, the applicants who applied before loosening of rules should be processed first -- including who are non-routine. It is kind of unfair for people who applied early to sacrifice their time for those who applied later, particularly non-routine'rs like me...

But then again, my neighbour and I both applied to immigrate to Canada at around the same time. I didn't get my PR until 4 years after she did. Maybe this poor luck is just hereditary.
Mr. McCallum told the House Immigration Committee last month that the implementation of C-6 would likely be delayed once it passed into law, “in order to prevent the buildup in [citizenship application] backlogs resulting from this change.”

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
edc604 said:
As a 72 year old Canadian born citizen, I am totally fed up with this amendment ( C-6 ). I have lived all my life in Canada and have raised a family, paid full taxes and now am in retirement. This bill will allow immigrants to not pay taxes but reap the benefits if and when they decide ( if ever ) to live hear they will have much the same benefits as our family will have after continuous employment for at least 40 years here in Canada.

Who is going to take up the places of retired workers if these new immigrants do not have to live here and pay taxes.

Also the provision that the new immigrants do not have to provide information that they have lived in Canada for what should be more than 5 years ( and have proof of paying taxes here in CANADA ) and definitely not less than 5 years is totally ridiculous!!!!
Every migrant comes to Canada with hopes of starting new family, employment & better future. However, lately the immigrants are considered as ONLY cash cows, enticed to bring life saving dump it in local economy, go and fend yourself in jobless economy.

Doing good job of attracting thousands from other countries by selling the dream of better future. Immigrants with higher education / professional experience of years after spending life saving forced to do menial jobs. As employers does not want to hire immigrants however highly qualified / skilled the immigrants are on one or other pretext.

Probably, the government's has failed in re-settling and exploiting their potentials for our country, forced them to look / move outside Canada to support their families. Its hard choice for immigrants but the actual loss to country, we forced this brain drain.

While respecting your sentiments, the job opportunities at your times were different but now, job market is total dead. Ideally, the government should find ways to utilize the immigrants potentials to benefit individuals and our country.

edc604

May 14, 2016
Your reply is a political reply. Who is going to pick up the costs of theses immigrants that have not contributed any taxes ( for those who have a passport of convienience ) when they decide to actually live in CaNADA as a tax paying citizen???