+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

going to visit my husband in the use for 6 months.

teddyjanes

Feb 7, 2017
I'm canadian citizen, and my husband lives in the USA. I'm planing to come visit him with or son for 6 months since i'm on maternity leave for a year. I know ill have to prove I'm employed which is not a problem, i have a statement from work stating I'm currently employed and the date I'm going back to work. I'm planing to buy health insurance for both me and our son for those 6 months and a ticket back to Canada for both of us. Now i know you have to have sufficient funds to travel. Since we will be staying with my husband and he will be supporting us (housing,food,transportation) how much should i bring with me to prove the officer i can support myself and our son while we are visiting my husband in the USA?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depend on the officer you encountered, you might not have to prove anything (i.e. your job, your funds for traveling). The officer might, however, ask you if the father knows you would be traveling with your son.

teddyjanes

Feb 7, 2017
I meant to write OUR son lol.. we all have the same last name and ill be brining our sons brith certificate with me.
I was also wondering if i plan to sponsor my husband to Canada with outland application since he's in the states right now, is it possible(or good idea) while being on maternity leave? i know they ask for the last 2 years of tax and income statements.
And also can i travel to the states if we apply for that application?
thank you so much for the information!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
teddyjanes said:
I meant to write OUR son lol.. we all have the same last name and ill be brining our sons brith certificate with me.
I was also wondering if i plan to sponsor my husband to Canada with outland application since he's in the states right now, is it possible(or good idea) while being on maternity leave? i know they ask for the last 2 years of tax and income statements.
And also can i travel to the states if we apply for that application?
thank you so much for the information!!
Yes you can apply for his PR using an outside-Canada application. And yes during the processing, you can visit him in the states.

Note the following when traveling across border with a child and other parent is not with you: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children/consent-letter