+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to US while waiting for TRV

tst1980

Jul 25, 2015
Wife and I are planning to spend the summer vacation in the US, both our permits have been renewed and we have applied for a TRV but it is taking longer than the estimated processing time.... so my questions are:

1. I know we dont need a valid TRV to come back from the US as long as our permits are valid.. Does the duration of how long we are gone matter? 2-3 months...

2. Will our application for the TRV be void if we cross the border to the US? as i am planning on going to the US and as soon as we get the notice to send our passports i will send them to my brother (lives in canada) for him to mail it to the CIC and have him mail it back to me as soon as he gets the passports back.

PS. we are not american.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So a question you plan to mail your passports from the US to Canada wait for CIC to action then have them mailed back to you in the US ? So in the meantime you are sitting in the US on vacation without being in possession of any valid travel document showing your legal entitlement to be visiting the US. Did i understand correctly ?