14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
Hello friends,

I am calling my brother and sister-in-law to Canada on visitor visa for a month. I am going to submit following documents. Can anyone guide here if I am missing any documents? or I would appreciate your suggestion to make the file compete.

1. IMM5257E - Application for visitor visa form (Completed for Brother and Sister-In-Law)
2. IMM5645E - Family information form. (Completed for brother and sister-in-law)
3. Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713).
--Supporting documents.
1. Passport copy of my brother and sister-in-law
2. Marriage certificate of my brother.
--He runs a business so for Business docs
3. Shop and Establishment Certificate issued by Municipality (English Translation)
4. Central Excise Registration Certificate
5. Service Tax Registration Certificate
6. I.T.R-V for 2014-15 and I.T.R-V of 2015-2016
7. His 6 month bank statement(Joint account of my brother and sister-in-law) (having current balance of 4.5 lakh)

For Property documents.
8. 7/12 Extracts English translation (have 3 7/12 extracts)
9. 8-A Khata copy English translation.
10. House documents -- I have one document issued by my village nagar palika, called Patra Makano jamin nu Akrani patrak--Not sure what called in English. It would be great if anyone can help here? I haven't done evaluation of the house so I don't have it. But if it is required then we will do it. Please comment on this.

--For relation ship documents
11. My brother date of birth certificate.

--For Family ties -- Kids are not coming, This can be visible through family information form. They have kids but they are not accompanying.

For Information on the inviter in Canada
12. Letter of invitation from the inviter indicating the purpose and duration of the visit;
13. My PR card
14. Employment letter
15. 3 recent bi-weekly paystub
16. Bank Statement (have enough balance to support their entire visit)
--Cannot give T4 or NOA because I started the job in the year of 2016.
--->• If visiting family, proof of relationship with the inviter in Canada (examples: copy of birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate, etc).
--I don't have birth certificate so I am going to submit my Passport and School leaving certificate. These will display at least our father name.
17. Inviter passport copy
18. Inviter school leaving certificate.

Please comment or suggest anything if I am missing. If this is good to go then please comment as well.
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You have not included any evidence of *strong ties* per se.... also no evidence to show that his business is actively trading.

1. Business bank account: 6 months statements..... not just the personal bank account
2. Profit-Loss statement/ Audit statement prepared by a CA
3. Latest VAT Returns
4. Any other proofs to show his business is actively trading: For example, orders, payments, purchase receipts, etc
5. Office lease agreement (based on your other post) + 2-3 months rent payments

I would not leave it to the visa officer to guess that the kids are not accompanying him and his wife. You must state it clearly + attach evidence. Im guessing they live in a joint family. So are your parents dependent on them?

Valuation of the property will be a good idea. Either self-valuation or by a CA. Do include supporting documents from Times Property/property realty to back the CA/self-valuation market rates.

1. What is the purpose of their visit?
2. One month is too long. Keep the visit to 2-3 weeks max. Who will manage the business in his absence.... and who will take care of the kids?
3. Does he have any employees?
4. Do they have credit cards? Good credit limits, low dues?
5. Any financial investments (FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, etc)?
6. Is your sister-in-law employed or helps in the business?
7. Do they have any previous travel history?
8. Any reason for them to return by a specific date?

Cheers

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
Thanks Bryanna for the reply.

1. Business bank account: 6 months statements..... not just the personal bank account -->I will submit both bank account 6 month statement.
2. Profit-Loss statement/ Audit statement prepared by a CA -->Its not really a big business so he don't have audit statement but we can submit Profit-Loss statement.
3. Latest VAT Returns --He don't have VAT as business is not retail. It is courier service.
4. Any other proofs to show his business is actively trading: For example, orders, payments, purchase receipts, etc-->Not sure, he has receipts copy that he provide to customers.
5. Office lease agreement (based on your other post) + 2-3 months rent payments -->We will do English translation of his lease agreement

I would not leave it to the visa officer to guess that the kids are not accompanying him and his wife. You must state it clearly + attach evidence. Im guessing they live in a joint family. So are your parents dependent on them?
-->Can you please help here? Where do I state this? Should I mention this to invitation letter?
-->What evidence should I submit for that? He can get any document from kids school but can you please tell what that doc is called?
-->Our parents are no more. But kids will stay at maternal grand parent.(My sister-in-law's house)

Valuation of the property will be a good idea. Either self-valuation or by a CA. Do include supporting documents from Times Property/property realty to back the CA/self-valuation market rates. --> We will do the valuation of the property.

1. What is the purpose of their visit? --> I don't have strong purpose of their visit. I mentioned they want to explore and experience Canada in the invitation letter.
2. One month is too long. Keep the visit to 2-3 weeks max. Who will manage the business in his absence.... and who will take care of the kids?
-->Kids will stay at mother's house with grand parents.
3. Does he have any employees? --> He has 1 employee who will take care of the business in his absence.(Should I mention this in invitation letter?)
4. Do they have credit cards? Good credit limits, low dues?--> No he don't.
5. Any financial investments (FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, etc)? -->I have 10 FDs amount range from Rs 10000 to Rs 75000. Should I submit two or three larger amount Fds?
6. Is your sister-in-law employed or helps in the business? --> No, she is house wife.
7. Do they have any previous travel history? -->They haven't travel from last 10 years.
8. Any reason for them to return by a specific date? -->Well, they don't have any specific reason to return by specific date.

Bryanna said:
Hi,

You have not included any evidence of *strong ties* per se.... also no evidence to show that his business is actively trading.

1. Business bank account: 6 months statements..... not just the personal bank account -->I will submit both bank account 6 month statement.
2. Profit-Loss statement/ Audit statement prepared by a CA -->Its not really a big business so he don't have audit statement but we can submit Profit-Loss statement.
3. Latest VAT Returns --He don't have VAT as business is not retail. It is courier service.
4. Any other proofs to show his business is actively trading: For example, orders, payments, purchase receipts, etc-->Not sure, he has receipts copy that he provide to customers.
5. Office lease agreement (based on your other post) + 2-3 months rent payments -->We will do English translation of his lease agreement

-->Can you please help here? Where do I state this? Should I mention this to invitation letter?
-->What evidence should I submit for that? He can get any document from kids school but can you please tell what that doc is called?
-->Our parents are no more. But kids will stay at maternal grand parent.(My sister-in-law's house)

Valuation of the property will be a good idea. Either self-valuation or by a CA. Do include supporting documents from Times Property/property realty to back the CA/self-valuation market rates. --> We will do the valuation of the property.

1. What is the purpose of their visit? --> I don't have strong purpose of their visit. I mentioned they want to explore and experience Canada in the invitation letter.
-->Kids will stay at mother's house with grand parents.
3. Does he have any employees? --> He has 1 employee who will take care of the business in his absence.
4. Do they have credit cards? Good credit limits, low dues?--> No he don't.
5. Any financial investments (FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, etc)? -->I have 10 FDs amount range from Rs 10000 to Rs 75000. Should I submit two or three larger amount Fds?
6. Is your sister-in-law employed or helps in the business? --> No, she is house wife.
7. Do they have any previous travel history? -->They haven't travel from last 10 years.
8. Any reason for them to return by a specific date? -->Well, they don't have any specific reason to return by specific date.

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

For his business:
Shop Act License + Service Tax registration + Service Tax Returns (even if it is 'Nil' returns) + Profit-Loss statements by a certified CA + evidence of courier contracts with companies/institutions + 6 months business bank statements

Regarding his employee:
Employment letter + 2-3 months salary payments + Profession Tax certificate + Profession Tax payment (showing payment made for 1+1 employee)
State that the employee will manage temporarily for 2-3 weeks + your brother must return to take care of his business/pay salary and other payments.

For the kids:
Evidence that they live at the same address (birth certificates or school address proofs) + school tuition fees paid for the current academic year + state they will stay with your sister-in-law temporarily when your brother is away.

How old are the kids?

Purpose of visit:
Prepare a day-by-day itinerary listing tourist places , visiting family/friends.... with expense estimates.... and he must prove that he can pay for this itinerary + airfare for himself and his wife

You cannot include FDs which are owned by you. Only FDs which are owned by your brother and/or jointly by him and his wife.
Any financial investments? LIC policies?

Is their house mortgaged?
Hope none of the money in their bank accounts has been borrowed/transferred for the visa applications.

IMO their case is not strong. You must think of a reason for them to return by a specific date with evidence (wedding in the immediate family, some legal/financial/business reason, etc)

Cheers

amans2515

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
Started processing 13 June 2016
Med's Request
AOR 2: 22-06-2016
Hi, did your brother get a visa? I am thinking to apply for my brother as well. Please let me know.