+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to Saskatchewan this Spring-Summer 2016

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
letstry said:
I have been searching for landing and settling experiences in Saskatchewan, but unfortunately could not find any..

I case anyone finds any useful info, kindly post it here...

Thanks!
Hi

It is hard to provide you with some settlement experience as you haven't provided any information about your personal circumstances. Do you have any friends or family in Saskatchewan? I moved here a few years ago and it was very difficult to find housing back then. That is not the case anymore because the economy is nothing like it was back in 2012. Have some money in the bank as you will need to a proof of funds if you try to rent a place. you immigration documents and our residential documents with get you a licence and health card. Just the immigration documents are going to be good enough for your SIN card. Saskjobs.ca is an amazing website to look for work. job marked is good in Saskatchewan for the most part. However, it does depend a little on what profession you belong to. That's all I can think of right now. If you have any specific questions, just ask. I am not an expert but know a fair bit about how to make some space for yourself in Saskatchewan. And welcome, it is going to be colder than your freezer!! ;D

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karankullar said:
Hi

It is hard to provide you with some settlement experience as you haven't provided any information about your personal circumstances. Do you have any friends or family in Saskatchewan? I moved here a few years ago and it was very difficult to find housing back then. That is not the case anymore because the economy is nothing like it was back in 2012. Have some money in the bank as you will need to a proof of funds if you try to rent a place. you immigration documents and our residential documents with get you a licence and health card. Just the immigration documents are going to be good enough for your SIN card. Saskjobs.ca is an amazing website to look for work. job marked is good in Saskatchewan for the most part. However, it does depend a little on what profession you belong to. That's all I can think of right now. If you have any specific questions, just ask. I am not an expert but know a fair bit about how to make some space for yourself in Saskatchewan. And welcome, it is going to be colder than your freezer!! ;D
Thankyou verymuch for your response karankullar!!

To share about by personal circumstance, I am from India with no ties in Saskatchewan. I am awaiting my PPR and am expecting to land asap after stamping of my visa. I am from IT and my hubby has a financial background (CA). Kids are around 2 1/2 years old.

Shall be great if you could kindly share as to,
Which city are you settled in?
Which one as per you would be better for our educational background?
Thanks for the funds related input, but anything more that you would suggest us to take care right from India?

Any input on the above and anything else about settlement in SK would be of great help.

Thanks!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
letstry said:
Thankyou verymuch for your response karankullar!!

To share about by personal circumstance, I am from India with no ties in Saskatchewan. I am awaiting my PPR and am expecting to land asap after stamping of my visa. I am from IT and my hubby has a financial background (CA). Kids are around 2 1/2 years old.

Shall be great if you could kindly share as to,
Which city are you settled in?
Which one as per you would be better for our educational background?
Thanks for the funds related input, but anything more that you would suggest us to take care right from India?

Any input on the above and anything else about settlement in SK would be of great help.

Thanks!
Hi!

1.To answer your first question, I am not actually settled in Saskatchewan. I have lived there for about 3 and half years and I still work there sometimes but for now I am in BC. However, I plan to go back in January next year and I personally like Saskatoon better than Regina but that's just me.

2. There are plenty on jobs in Saskatchewan and I very strongly suggest you look for jobs on "saskjobs.ca". All the job listings on this website clearly state the city or town the job is located in. you might even find something in some of the smaller cities like Prince Albert, Moose Jaw, Swift current, Battleford or Lloydminster. That being said, you are the best judge of that, I personally would stick with Regina and Saskatoon because there is an established Indian community in these cities and it is good to have that, we all need support once in a while. Also, I cannot stress enough how good that website is, so please go on it and search for jobs in both Regina and Saskatoon and I am sure you'll find something interesting.

On a side note, look into Saskatoon as I have come across more people involved in IT in Saskatoon as compared to Regina and I have lived for more than a year in both cities.

3. The real journey begins when you get here so I cannot really think of anything that you can take care of in India. Getting this info is the best you can do and try to find people on this forum who are living in Saskatchewan or going to start living there when you get there. It is always better to have people in the same boat.

P.S. I know you didn't ask for this info but contributing my 2 cents anyway, the atmosphere in Saskatoon is a little more academic when compared to Regina and Saskatoon school board seems to be more pro-active in improving the schools. Your kids are probably going to have a better time attending school in Saskatoon rather than Regina.

Hopefully I have answered your questions, feel free to ask more of ask the same ones again if I am not being clear enough. Take care and good luck with everything! :)

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hi guys,

I've been looking through some of the websites for house rentals (short term, furnished etc).
Some require referecences.

1. Is the reference in format of a letter?
2. Does the person have to be in SK? Can they live in ON, NS, or MB?

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
One_Topsy said:
Hi guys,

I've been looking through some of the websites for house rentals (short term, furnished etc).
Some require referecences.

1. Is the reference in format of a letter?
2. Does the person have to be in SK? Can they live in ON, NS, or MB?
No it's not a reference letter. All they need is a phone number of your previous landlords and they could be anywhere. It doesn't have to be SK. Also, if you haven't ever rented before, you can just let them know you are a home owner and never had to rent before.

letstry

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karankullar said:
Hi!

1.To answer your first question, I am not actually settled in Saskatchewan. I have lived there for about 3 and half years and I still work there sometimes but for now I am in BC. However, I plan to go back in January next year and I personally like Saskatoon better than Regina but that's just me.

2. There are plenty on jobs in Saskatchewan and I very strongly suggest you look for jobs on "saskjobs.ca". All the job listings on this website clearly state the city or town the job is located in. you might even find something in some of the smaller cities like Prince Albert, Moose Jaw, Swift current, Battleford or Lloydminster. That being said, you are the best judge of that, I personally would stick with Regina and Saskatoon because there is an established Indian community in these cities and it is good to have that, we all need support once in a while. Also, I cannot stress enough how good that website is, so please go on it and search for jobs in both Regina and Saskatoon and I am sure you'll find something interesting.

On a side note, look into Saskatoon as I have come across more people involved in IT in Saskatoon as compared to Regina and I have lived for more than a year in both cities.

3. The real journey begins when you get here so I cannot really think of anything that you can take care of in India. Getting this info is the best you can do and try to find people on this forum who are living in Saskatchewan or going to start living there when you get there. It is always better to have people in the same boat.

P.S. I know you didn't ask for this info but contributing my 2 cents anyway, the atmosphere in Saskatoon is a little more academic when compared to Regina and Saskatoon school board seems to be more pro-active in improving the schools. Your kids are probably going to have a better time attending school in Saskatoon rather than Regina.

Hopefully I have answered your questions, feel free to ask more of ask the same ones again if I am not being clear enough. Take care and good luck with everything! :)
Thankyou very much for your time Karan! Your views are helping us a lot in taking our decisions.. thanks again!

Voyager2014

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karankullar said:
Hi!

Thanks a lot Karan..Really Appreciated !!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hey guys,

Anyone had any luck in finding a furnished short term apartment to rent? (Budget is $1100)

Would be glad if anyone could give me pointers. Looking at landing within a month or 2.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
One_Topsy said:
Hey guys,

Anyone had any luck in finding a furnished short term apartment to rent? (Budget is $1100)

Would be glad if anyone could give me pointers. Looking at landing within a month or 2.
Topsy,

We are in the same situation. We have been asking the question, and getting the same answer every time. look at kijiji or airbnb.

Looking forward to someone really answering the question with a bit more information. Specially in which area to look for etc.

We are currently planning to use airbnb to find a place to rent till we get more information on the ground.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Hello,

I am also searching for the same.... From what i have found so far a short stay furnished place can be rented from $1500-$2000 CAD /month.

Panggangan

Mar 17, 2015
Hi guys!
I have the same issue which is finding an apartment during my arrival. My destination is Regina, Saskatchewan. Any information about possible apartment in a certain place close to school will be very helpful. I have seen in google map and read that 13th avenue is a place close to establishments. I have no idea if it is good for the kids.

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Hello how are people in this thread doing?

Anybody landed Saskatchewan, eager to hear from you guys and share experiences