+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to College or University while waiting for the hearing

Intellis

Dec 10, 2011
Hi, I came to canada 2 months ago, and I applied for refugee. It is now time for me to apply for work permit. I was just wandering if it is possible for me to go to University or College while waiting for my hearing ( which might take a year or so). I have a strong will and dedicated to continue with my study. I won't even ask for financial aid, and I am also willing to pay as an International Student if they want me to.
I need to gather as many information as possible concerning the acquirement of a study permit while waiting for my assylum's hearing. And if possible, i want to apply for it at the same time with my work permit. I would appreciate greatly if anyone could help with it.

God Bless You All
Intellis, The New Comer

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear

I wont be very easy to get study permit since you need to first get approval from college and university while your case is not even heared. Since you are a refugee it will look abit strange that you would be able to support yourself as an international student. For beign approved as doemstic also you need to wait to be accepted as a protected person. Yet it is too early and I strongly recommand you to wait at least for some month. Otherwise your chance of being accepted will fall since they may consider your real intention of coming to Canada is for studying, although all refugees are qualified to study but it is better to wait.

Intellis

Dec 10, 2011
The thing is that I was studying in USA, and I was in good status. However, something happened in my home country, and fearing for my life, I came to canada to seek assylum. And the reason I asked assylum here was because the only relative I was in contact lives in Canada. If not, I wouldn't come to Canada for any other reasons. And now, am trying to finish what brought me to USA in the first place.

Thank You For Your Advice
Intellis,