+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to Canada Before 3-4 week window

waleed271

Jul 4, 2021
Hi guys, hope all of you are doing well this evening :)!!!
I just wanted to come on here and ask real quick, if I were to go to Canada let’s say 5 weeks early before my classes start, would that be a problem? Seeing that i am a returning student who has spent the past year studying online (I have not yet made my study permit), but I do have a student visa. Furthermore, if I go around July 28th period, and I have a lease starting on August 1st, can that help me out?

I would love to hear your thoughts and any experiences please
Also, I would love any contact info where I can ask any Canadian cbsa or IRCC official about this rule!!

thank you so much!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just wanted to come on here and ask real quick, if I were to go to Canada let’s say 5 weeks early before my classes start, would that be a problem? Seeing that i am a returning student who has spent the past year studying online (I have not yet made my study permit), but I do have a student visa. Furthermore, if I go around July 28th period, and I have a lease starting on August 1st, can that help me out?

Also, I would love any contact info where I can ask any Canadian cbsa or IRCC official about this rule!!

thank you so much!
Shouldn't be a problem you are a returning student. The concern about new students is that they aren't able to work while you can technically work if you want.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Try to call CBSA and ask them.
+1-204-983-3500
+1-506-636-5064

As per my telephone conversation with them, they only allow 3-4 weeks before the start of our class. Even though you already studied online while overseas, as long as you have not been issued a study permit, same rules apply to us (we have similar situation, completed 2 terms online while overseas)..

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC

thank you so much!
I called them again a while ago. She told me anything more than 6 weeks . They will deny.

So i think 5 weeks is not a prob.

Reactions: yasemin09