+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going on long 2 month vacation to home country while waiting for processing

zer0

Jul 30, 2017
Hi,

I just got married to my wife 1 month ago in Australia. She lives in Australia on a graduate visa and I plan to apply for her using the outland visa office Australia. I plan to have her application submitted this week. She plans on an extended visit to her home country from beginning of november to late december so I was wondering how correspondance is made (online, mail, phone, etc) occurs during the PR process and if there is any issue with her being outside the country for this period. For example can make arrangements for medical/interview/ppr outside Australia or must she do it within. Which is fine she can easily return to Australia for stuff like medical exams if she needs to. She lives with family too who will be in Australia so if they can do things like physically mail documents on her behalf that could be arranged.

Also if anyone has a link to all the steps after application submission in the PR process that would be appreciated. Essentially she has 3 months on hand before her visit.

Thank you for all the help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I just got married to my wife 1 month ago in Australia. She lives in Australia on a graduate visa and I plan to apply for her using the outland visa office Australia. I plan to have her application submitted this week. She plans on an extended visit to her home country from beginning of november to late december so I was wondering how correspondance is made (online, mail, phone, etc) occurs during the PR process and if there is any issue with her being outside the country for this period. For example can make arrangements for medical/interview/ppr outside Australia or must she do it within. Which is fine she can easily return to Australia for stuff like medical exams if she needs to. She lives with family too who will be in Australia so if they can do things like physically mail documents on her behalf that could be arranged.

Also if anyone has a link to all the steps after application submission in the PR process that would be appreciated. Essentially she has 3 months on hand before her visit.

Thank you for all the help
Hi

You don't get to choose the visa office. Be aware that IRCC will most likely send the app to the VO of her nationality, not Sydney.

She can go wherever she wants. She is not required to remain in Australia. The medical can be done anywhere as long as it is with a Panel Physician. Any interview would be were the VO is.

zer0

Jul 30, 2017
Hi

You don't get to choose the visa office. Be aware that IRCC will most likely send the app to the VO of her nationality, not Sydney.

She can go wherever she wants. She is not required to remain in Australia. The medical can be done anywhere as long as it is with a Panel Physician. Any interview would be were the VO is.
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Any reason you believe it would be her nationality and not her residence from what I've seen it's generally your residence. She's lived in Sydney for the past 6 years and only has that listed in her residence history and her current visa is till 2019?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Any reason you believe it would be her nationality and not her residence from what I've seen it's generally your residence. She's lived in Sydney for the past 6 years and only has that listed in her residence history and her current visa is till 2019?
IRCC barely ever sends apps to the VO of residence. They used to do it more but a few years ago, they started sending to the VO of nationality the majority of the time.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Canuck_in_uk is correct. My husband is here im canada and his app is in mexico as he is dominican and that is the vo. It is based on nationality not residence

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
They sent our file based on the country of residence, not the nationality (app filed in March this year)

But it's correct to say you don't choose the VO