+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going from Working Holiday Visa to Young Professional (HELP)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@Keoghl7, from my understanding you could use an recognised organisation (a good UK one is Bunac and I think it includes Ireland too as their help area) to get a YP permit as a second IEC participation. It's approx. $1000 plus biometrics etc compared to getting a second WH which would be around $5k. This is what I've been suggested by IRCC to do based on being in a similar situation to you. The applications open for YP second help from Bunac on Jan 15th.

Hope this helps - let me know how you get on with your situation, would be a great help to me preparing for a similar one in a few months!
Incorrect. This individual does not qualify for a YP visa. Since they already had a WHV, they can only participate a second time under the Co-Op stream. YP is not possible. These are the specific rules for those from Ireland.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?country=ie&cat=wh&#country_category_name_cont

As an Irish citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category.