+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Go for NBPNP or wait for OINP

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all, I am in a dilemma and need expert opinion to make the decision. I created my express entry profile in July and currently standing at 433 points, which, going by the current trend, is not even close to getting an ITA. I can try and increase those points to close to 450 (IELTS for my spouse) but even then it would be less than (or just over in case of maximum IELTS points) the minimum score ever to have received a direct ITA. In that case, I believe, my only option is to try for a PNP to secure the extra 600 points. Now, I am in a dilemma over whether to go for New Brunswick provincial nomination or waiting for the Ontario nomination program to open. Could someone please suggest the pros and cons of both and help me make this decision. Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
vabs200 said:
Hello all, I am in a dilemma and need expert opinion to make the decision. I created my express entry profile in July and currently standing at 433 points, which, going by the current trend, is not even close to getting an ITA. I can try and increase those points to close to 450 (IELTS for my spouse) but even then it would be less than (or just over in case of maximum IELTS points) the minimum score ever to have received a direct ITA. In that case, I believe, my only option is to try for a PNP to secure the extra 600 points. Now, I am in a dilemma over whether to go for New Brunswick provincial nomination or waiting for the Ontario nomination program to open. Could someone please suggest the pros and cons of both and help me make this decision. Thanks
Go ahead with both. Keep trying for any province you are eligible and wait for ONIP to reopen. Whatever comes first, accept it.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Go ahead with both. Keep trying for any province you are eligible and wait for ONIP to reopen. Whatever comes first, accept it.
Thanks a lot for the answer. Could you also let me know how much time does it take (average) from application to ITA via New Brunswick PNP. Also, if I apply PNP from New Brunswick then am I eligible to apply through Ontario as well simultaneously? Thanks a lot for your help

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Its seems that NBPNP is more consistent - they process applications in consistent manner and thats a big PLUS. I would go for NBPNP.

shizan73

Jul 31, 2016
Hello Experts!

I am new in this forum. Can u please explain how should I get a PNP after completion of EE profile.

Thanks in advance.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
Its seems that NBPNP is more consistent - they process applications in consistent manner and thats a big PLUS. I would go for NBPNP.
Thanks Andy, for your feedback. By more consistent do you mean they process applications faster than Ontario? as that is something that I found out as well through a bit of research on the internet.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
I suggest to go for NBPNP because you never know when OINP is going to reopen and what will be their new conditions for PT Notification.

Also, as @andy108 said that NBPNP is more consistent, so I would prefer it over OINP.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Specterz said:
I suggest to go for NBPNP because you never know when OINP is going to reopen and what will be their new conditions for PT Notification.

Also, as @andy108 said that NBPNP is more consistent, so I would prefer it over OINP.
Thanks Specterz. That makes it 2 points for NBPNP now...makes the decision a lot easier

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hello vabs200,

NBPNP requires someone you have in New Brunswick or attend one of their immigration sessions. Do you qualify for any of them? I wanted to apply to NBPNP too, but I hit the wall because of this.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
Hello vabs200,

NBPNP requires someone you have in New Brunswick or attend one of their immigration sessions. Do you qualify for any of them? I wanted to apply to NBPNP too, but I hit the wall because of this.
Hello mhbin,

Unfortunately, that was a point that I discovered later on, so back to square one again. Not sure when the next information session is going to take place here in the UAE. Until then, not much that can be done :(

hamzakhobza

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-02-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
vabs200 said:
Hello mhbin,

Unfortunately, that was a point that I discovered later on, so back to square one again. Not sure when the next information session is going to take place here in the UAE. Until then, not much that can be done :(
Do you qualify for PEI PNP? Check it out. It is the easiest one to receive if you meet the criteria.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamzakhobza said:
Do you qualify for PEI PNP? Check it out. It is the easiest one to receive if you meet the criteria.
As per what I could find via researching the Internet, PEI isn't currently accepting nominations. Please let me know if you have any other information and I'll be extremely thankful :)

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
vabs200 said:
Thanks Andy, for your feedback. By more consistent do you mean they process applications faster than Ontario? as that is something that I found out as well through a bit of research on the internet.
yes, faster, and also they do not just suddenly stop progressing applications which they have already accepted - thats very different from Ontario.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vabs200 said:
As per what I could find via researching the Internet, PEI isn't currently accepting nominations. Please let me know if you have any other information and I'll be extremely thankful :)
Where exactly did you read that PEI is closed ? Because I can't find any indication that that's true.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Ontario might be worth the wait but you need to consider two things:
1. How long will you have to wait and will you even qualify for their requirements?
2. Will NB still be open by then? - the way I see it, NB is becoming even stricter with their requirements and with the surge of applicants lately, I won't be surprised if they temporarily close their program soon