+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Go for NBPNP or wait for OINP

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
I have 431 points, and so far only Ontario and PEI seems to be a choice for me. My hope is at OINP, but nobody can guarantee that.

The topic is becoming offtopic slightly, so forgive me but if I apply PEI and they nominate me, will I also be able to apply OINP and progress on both programs?

There is no indication on this in the FAQ document of PEI.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LokiJr01 said:
Ontario might be worth the wait but you need to consider two things:
1. How long will you have to wait and will you even qualify for their requirements?
2. Will NB still be open by then? - the way I see it, NB is becoming even stricter with their requirements and with the surge of applicants lately, I won't be surprised if they temporarily close their program soon
As you said, nobody knows when Ontario is going to reopen and what their new requirements would be. As of now, I believe their only requirements are a CRS of over 400 and availability of funds, and I am safe on both those counts. However, will have to wait and check if they change these requirements.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
I have 431 points, and so far only Ontario and PEI seems to be a choice for me. My hope is at OINP, but nobody can guarantee that.

The topic is becoming offtopic slightly, so forgive me but if I apply PEI and they nominate me, will I also be able to apply OINP and progress on both programs?

There is no indication on this in the FAQ document of PEI.
We are all hoping for OINP nomination but as I said nobody knows if they are going to change their requirements when they reopen. Have you already applied for PEI and got any response? What is your NOC if I may ask, as PEI seems to be giving nominations to only specific NOCs.

As for your second question, I believe OINP does not allow candidates to pursue applications for multiple provinces simultaneously.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
vabs200 said:
We are all hoping for OINP nomination but as I said nobody knows if they are going to change their requirements when they reopen. Have you already applied for PEI and got any response? What is your NOC if I may ask, as PEI seems to be giving nominations to only specific NOCs.

As for your second question, I believe OINP does not allow candidates to pursue applications for multiple provinces simultaneously.
I applied this week but no response yet, which is normal. On their website there is no specific NOC list, but they only accept NOC skill levels O, A or B which I fall into.

So, even if I get invitation from PEI and accept it, after I have nomination from Ontario, I can still cancel PEI and continue with OINP. I need to investigate this more thoroughly though.

I want to have some progress during 2017, and waiting only for the OINP sounds too risky to me.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
I applied this week but no response yet, which is normal. On their website there is no specific NOC list, but they only accept NOC skill levels O, A or B which I fall into.

So, even if I get invitation from PEI and accept it, after I have nomination from Ontario, I can still cancel PEI and continue with OINP. I need to investigate this more thoroughly though.

I want to have some progress during 2017, and waiting only for the OINP sounds too risky to me.
We both seem to be in a similar situation. I am also now looking at PEI as simply banking on OINP seems to be a bit dicey. Getting back to your statement, you can go for either PEI or OINP until you have accepted nomination from one province. Once you accept either PEI or OINP's nomination (provided that you have been selected by both) then you would become a provincial nominee and receive the extra 600 point, that is what I believe. Anyways, all the best with your application and keep us posted of your progress.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
vabs200 said:
We both seem to be in a similar situation. I am also now looking at PEI as simply banking on OINP seems to be a bit dicey. Getting back to your statement, you can go for either PEI or OINP until you have accepted nomination from one province. Once you accept either PEI or OINP's nomination (provided that you have been selected by both) then you would become a provincial nominee and receive the extra 600 point, that is what I believe. Anyways, all the best with your application and keep us posted of your progress.
Their evaluation period is 60 business days (top), and there is this information on their official site:

"90-day Inactive File Policy
Should the Office of Immigration request information from an applicant and not receive a response within 90 days, the file will be closed. The Office of Immigration will issue a letter at the 90 day mark that the file has been closed. The file can be re-opened if a $250 CAD non-refundable fee is paid."

I presume this also applies to the timespan needed to accept their invitation. So it seems in total I will have 90+60 days until I have to accept their invitation. I think it is more than enough to see the status of the OINP. If OINP sends an invitation during this period and it seems to be acceptable, I plan to accept OINP and deny PEIPNP.

By the way, for your information, I found sections in both programs stating that they strictly forbid having two programs at the same time.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
You can apply for multiple provinces at once, but as soon as one of them gives you nomination and you accept it, all other applications (past, current, and future) will be dropped.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mhbin said:
Their evaluation period is 60 business days (top), and there is this information on their official site:

"90-day Inactive File Policy
Should the Office of Immigration request information from an applicant and not receive a response within 90 days, the file will be closed. The Office of Immigration will issue a letter at the 90 day mark that the file has been closed. The file can be re-opened if a $250 CAD non-refundable fee is paid."

I presume this also applies to the timespan needed to accept their invitation. So it seems in total I will have 90+60 days until I have to accept their invitation. I think it is more than enough to see the status of the OINP. If OINP sends an invitation during this period and it seems to be acceptable, I plan to accept OINP and deny PEIPNP.

By the way, for your information, I found sections in both programs stating that they strictly forbid having two programs at the same time.
That is useful information. Thanks