+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GMCS NOTES : HELP

b0hemian721

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Montreal
Category........
STUDY
Seems like. Congrats. It means they're holding results.

Please share your timeline and whether you got AIP?
Thank you.
I didn't get an AIP.
I've applied since Feb 2020. I'm currently inside Canada as a visitor. I'm a Philippine national but my country of residence is Libya. I applied online (Ankara office) but my file ended up getting processed at Tunis office.

Here's my timeline:
( I did upfront medical and had biometrics from my visitor visa )

Application Submitted: Feb 15, 2020
Medical Passed and Eligibility Review Started : March 10, 2020
Passport Request: Sep 1, 2020

b0hemian721

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Montreal
Category........
STUDY
If you got your passport request a week ago, then why are you asking if you've been approved? Send it in.
Because I will have to travel to Turkey to get my passport stamped but I'm currently inside Canada, visitor status. I don't want to risk traveling and have my passport returned without the visa

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You don't really have a choice. If you don't respond in time they'll cancel your application. Why would they return your passport without the visa?

Reactions: b0hemian721

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Because I will have to travel to Turkey to get my passport stamped but I'm currently inside Canada, visitor status. I don't want to risk traveling and have my passport returned without the visa
hey. i don’t understand why you do not listen . i have suggested you send web form and inform them you are in canada. they will ask you to send your passport to nearest vsf for stamping. same thing happened with me last year . kenya approved my trv but i was in US, they asked me to take to nearest vac which was new york for stamping. you do not need to leave canada for stamping . send emails and web forms also include ottawa office or call them

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
hey. i don’t understand why you do not listen . i have suggested you send web form and inform them you are in canada. they will ask you to send your passport to nearest vsf for stamping. same thing happened with me last year . kenya approved my trv but i was in US, they asked me to take to nearest vac which was new york for stamping. you do not need to leave canada for stamping . send emails and web forms also include ottawa office or call them
The issue is visitors normally cannot apply for a study permit inside Canada, so they may have to travel abroad to finalize any application. TRVs are different.

Reactions: b0hemian721

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
The issue is visitors normally cannot apply for a study permit inside Canada, so they may have to travel abroad to finalize any application. TRVs are different.
I think this situation has changed now. TRV folks can apply for work permit now so I think TRV folks can also apply for study Visa.

b0hemian721

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Montreal
Category........
STUDY
I've sent webforms but no reply yet