+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Talent Stream Work Permit Delay

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Hello guys,

I applied for a work permit with a LMIA under Global Talent Stream with the help of company attorneys on 25th of October. I still have not heard any news after my biometrics on 6th of November. My visa office is London, UK. It has been almost 2 months now. Has anyone been or know someone who has been in the same situation as I am?

I am very afraid that after all the work for LMIA and CAQ, they might refuse it. Will it be better that I go to the port of entry and apply there even though I have my application?

Einsenheim

Nov 18, 2019
I also applied online from Morocco on 20 October, medical and biometric upfront, i'm still waiting, did you apply online ?

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Hello Einsenheim. Yes I applied online. The difference seems to be that your visa office is in Rabbat or does London visa office also handle your case?

I also applied online from Morocco on 20 October, medical and biometric upfront, i'm still waiting, did you apply online ?

Einsenheim

Nov 18, 2019
I think all online applied file is processing in CPC Edmonton, Alberta, juste 2 days after my file application, i receive an additional document request at 23:00 GMT, it was 00:00 in rabat and 16: 00 in Edmonton, i don't think that rabat send me an email at midnight , so i think your file processing is done in Edmonton and the normal processing time in Edmonton is 9 weeks so , i think next week or the first week after new year holidays we can have a decision, how do you know that London is your visa office if you apply online?

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Wow. This was new information for me. I contacted them by web form and they told me that the Visa office that is handling my request is located in London, UK. I contacted them directly (High Commission) and told me that my application is still "In Progress" in a very generic way.

I don't know. Maybe my application was also sent to Edmonton. May I ask how you got the information that your file is in Edmonton? I am kind of relieved as it makes sense now if I would receive my work permit on second week of January.

Thanks in advance and I pray that we both get our permits...

I think all online applied file is processing in CPC Edmonton, Alberta, juste 2 days after my file application, i receive an additional document request at 23:00 GMT, it was 00:00 in rabat and 16: 00 in Edmonton, i don't think that rabat send me an email at midnight , so i think your file processing is done in Edmonton and the normal processing time in Edmonton is 9 weeks so , i think next week or the first week after new year holidays we can have a decision, how do you know that London is your visa office if you apply online?

Einsenheim

Nov 18, 2019
In canada, CPC Edmonton is the only cpc where work permit is processing, and when i had an additional document request, i send it on web form and i choose that i apply in canada and that i process on line, after 5 days i received a confirmation email telling me that my additional doc was added to my work permit file, so by deduction my file is at cpc Edmonton

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Ok. I guess all we can do is to pray and hope that we get our Work Permit by the end of this year or the first two weeks of the next...thanks for all of the info.

In canada, CPC Edmonton is the only cpc where work permit is processing, and when i had an additional document request, i send it on web form and i choose that i apply in canada and that i process on line, after 5 days i received a confirmation email telling me that my additional doc was added to my work permit file, so by deduction my file is at cpc Edmonton

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi Einsenheim,

I also sent my application for a post doc work permit (closed) from morocco, in your case was it for open or closed work permit ?
Can i know about what additional file they asked you about ?

thanks a lot!

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hello guys,

I applied for a work permit with a LMIA under Global Talent Stream with the help of company attorneys on 25th of October. I still have not heard any news after my biometrics on 6th of November. My visa office is London, UK. It has been almost 2 months now. Has anyone been or know someone who has been in the same situation as I am?

I am very afraid that after all the work for LMIA and CAQ, they might refuse it. Will it be better that I go to the port of entry and apply there even though I have my application?
Hi DjonnyMc,

I think you should start counting the period from the time they received your biometrics. They also note this on the website, saying that the time is counted when we received a COMPLETE APPLICATION which means it includes biometrics.

Einsenheim

Nov 18, 2019
Hi Einsenheim,

I also sent my application for a post doc work permit (closed) from morocco, in your case was it for open or closed work permit ?
Can i know about what additional file they asked you about ?

thanks a lot!
My wife get a job in quebec and we applied for 2 work permit, closed for my wife and open for me, after submission ircc asked for a detailed job offer letter

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
My wife get a job in quebec and we applied for 2 work permit, closed for my wife and open for me, after submission ircc asked for a detailed job offer letter
thank you for your response.
Can i have your opinion regarding my case ?
My job should normally start on 1 december 2019.
i submitted my file on 13 of november 2019.

i submitted a letter from my employer saying an authorization letter of late start in january 2020 is allowed. does it means that if they process my file till february and when they find that january also has passed, can they refuse the work permit for me because my work start and authorization date of my employer has already passed by too ?

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
Hello guys,

It's been three weeks for me now. I don't know why they estimate two weeks. Let us know what happens

Einsenheim

Nov 18, 2019
Applied for work permit online based on global talents stream on October 20th 2019 from morocco, get approval yesterday January 2nd 2020, medical and biometric upfront.

Reactions: 4zans

DjonnyMc

Dec 21, 2019
Applied for work permit online based on global talents stream on October 20th 2019 from morocco, get approval yesterday January 2nd 2020, medical and biometric upfront.
Oh my god! I am so happy for you! This also gives me hope that I might hear about my work permit in 5-7 days. Thanks Einsenheim. I Wish you best of luck in Quebec.

Reactions: Einsenheim

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
Oh my god! I am so happy for you! This also gives me hope that I might hear about my work permit in 5-7 days. Thanks Einsenheim. I Wish you best of luck in Quebec.
Let us know what happens!!