+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Talent Stream Visa Processing Time

Vivven

Nov 23, 2018
PLEASE am a Nurse and also a midwife i would you like to travel to Canada to work.please how do i go about this

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
What you're experiencing is normal. Lots of people in this stream have had to wait months. While the 2 weeks is the advertised length of time - that's not what's happening in reality for many people.
Hi @scylla , Do you know where can a person find jobs posted under Category B of Global Talents Stream?
@canuck_in_uk

Nikkimurali

Nov 13, 2019
Hi

I applied in first week of October and it took me 16 weeks to get visa approval. Due to my nationality I also had to undergo biometric fingerprinting which takes additional time.
Hey
Our LMIA process was done in August. We applied for work permit through GTS end of sept from India and gave our biometrics on 16th Oct. Haven't heard anything since. How long did it take for you after giving biometrics? Also if I may ask what is your nationality? Asking only because you said there was a delay due to your nationality. Extremely frustrated waiting endlessly considering we were expecting a very short waiting time.

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
Hey
Our LMIA process was done in August. We applied for work permit through GTS end of sept from India and gave our biometrics on 16th Oct. Haven't heard anything since. How long did it take for you after giving biometrics? Also if I may ask what is your nationality? Asking only because you said there was a delay due to your nationality. Extremely frustrated waiting endlessly considering we were expecting a very short waiting time.
Did you get your WP? I have been waiting for three weeks.

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hi
I applied visa thru Global Talent Stream process. It was supposed to take 2 weeks but I have been waiting for about 4 weeks. Has anyone had similar experience?
I am going to apply for work permit under global talent stream. Please share the timeline for ur visa processing if possible.

Last edited:

sasanso

Feb 26, 2022
I applied for the GTS work permit on Feb 12, 2023, and still waiting, it's been more than 4 months, and I don't know why it's taking them so long,
In late April (I think it was on April 27) I received an additional document request with May 2 as the deadline, I submitted the documents on April 29, and on May 10, they started my Background check (Eligibility already completed),
It's been more than a month only on my background check.

sasanso

Feb 26, 2022
My application has been stuck on the background check for about two months now, my eligibility is passed, totally it's been 5 months that I'm waiting.