+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Talent Stream Visa Processing Time

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Are you in Canada? If yes, you should go to the border. My friend got his work permit with a Global Talent LMIA, and I'm going to do the same thing next week.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I applied visa thru Global Talent Stream process. It was supposed to take 2 weeks but I have been waiting for about 4 weeks. Has anyone had similar experience?
What you're experiencing is normal. Lots of people in this stream have had to wait months. While the 2 weeks is the advertised length of time - that's not what's happening in reality for many people.

umerrasheed

Oct 16, 2017
What you're experiencing is normal. Lots of people in this stream have had to wait months. While the 2 weeks is the advertised length of time - that's not what's happening in reality for many people.
Hi Scylla
Thanks for the reply. Do u have any idea how much time does it normally take?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Mythripotturu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Rasheed have you received the visa approval.
I am going to apply for work permit under global talent stream. Please share the timeline for ur visa processing if possible.

umerrasheed

Oct 16, 2017
Hi

I applied in first week of October and it took me 16 weeks to get visa approval. Due to my nationality I also had to undergo biometric fingerprinting which takes additional time.

Aug 12, 2017
Hello All,

I need help to make my application of work permit under the Global Talent Stream (GTS). As mentioned in CIC website Come to Canada tool it does not show me any options for GTS selection or LMIA, and hence I do not know how to proceed with my application.

Below are the details

I have received a positive LMIA under Global Talent Stream. Now I am trying to make an application online

I have all my documents ready,

I will now need a reference key by come to canada tool for work permit application, http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do

My question here is,
while I use the “Come to Canada” tool, or even when I create a online profile, it does not give me an option to proceed for 'work permit application' - it just gives me an option of “international mobility, without work permit” - no work permit, no GTS, etc. Even after trying many permutations, it does not seem to work.
I am selecting the following options-
Passport country - India
Country of residence - tried many - India
Purpose - temp stay for more than 6 months
Job offer - permanent (even tried temporary of at least one year)
And the GSS option (of any special categories) when it asks me to select it

Others are normal options- no spouse, no dependants, etc

Can anyone please help me with it. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

swordest

Aug 6, 2018
Hello All,

I need help to make my application of work permit under the Global Talent Stream (GTS). As mentioned in CIC website Come to Canada tool it does not show me any options for GTS selection or LMIA, and hence I do not know how to proceed with my application.

Below are the details

I have received a positive LMIA under Global Talent Stream. Now I am trying to make an application online

I have all my documents ready,

I will now need a reference key by come to canada tool for work permit application, http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do

My question here is,
while I use the “Come to Canada” tool, or even when I create a online profile, it does not give me an option to proceed for 'work permit application' - it just gives me an option of “international mobility, without work permit” - no work permit, no GTS, etc. Even after trying many permutations, it does not seem to work.
I am selecting the following options-
Passport country - India
Country of residence - tried many - India
Purpose - temp stay for more than 6 months
Job offer - permanent (even tried temporary of at least one year)
And the GSS option (of any special categories) when it asks me to select it

Others are normal options- no spouse, no dependants, etc

Can anyone please help me with it. It'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Can you share with me that how long you recieved your LMIA under Global Talent Stream? The same situation here. Thank you!

gunneri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Hi, I don’t need finger prints and medical reports since I’m in the USA. Did anyone got Global talent stream work permit from USA and got it in 2 weeks?