+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Talent Stream (Not recommended!)

AnotherBloke

Jan 17, 2015
I received a job offer after being laid off by a company while on an LMIA approved work permit. This new company started the application for my new work permit via the Global Talent Stream in January. MIDI kept requesting additional information from the company and some educational documents and other information from me, which I provided. This process dragged on for 2 months! Last week I was told they were in the final stages. This week I was told by my employer that they are unable to commit to the requirements set by the government for this permit.

The requirements are for the Labour Market Benefits Plan. One of these requirements is that they agree to spend $100,000 on training employees, as well as hiring 39 new employees in the next year. They said there was a list of others and they were simply unable to comply. They are a small company.

The standard LMIA doesn't have a Labour Market Benefits Plan. The irony is that the LMIA takes around 2-3 months on average and I have been waiting 2 months with the Global Talent Stream. The difference between the two is that the GTS promises a two week processing period. Had I went with the standard LMIA, those requirements would't be there and the processing time would have been similar. If you are applying for the GTS, don't expect it to take 2 weeks as promised. Lots of people on this forum are waiting months.

This whole thing has been a nightmare. I've been in Canada the entire time living on savings waiting for an answer. It's been a huge waste of time and money.The company told me to start looking into a plan B. They told MIDI they can't meet the requirements and expect to get an automatic refusal.

Why is this process so complicated? The whole system seems to be set up to really ruin lives, too.

Swill

Feb 17, 2015
Hi there, I feel sorry to hear that you and your employer finds the GTS program horrible. Contrary to your experience, I've heard all the good success stories out there in the ecosystem. Please let me know what role are you looking to get hired for. I am not sure if i can leave my contact details here but if you can provide me your contact details, I would be glad to connect with you and discuss further. Thanks.

ccie.39062

Aug 24, 2015
Hi there, I feel sorry to hear that you and your employer finds the GTS program horrible. Contrary to your experience, I've heard all the good success stories out there in the ecosystem. Please let me know what role are you looking to get hired for. I am not sure if i can leave my contact details here but if you can provide me your contact details, I would be glad to connect with you and discuss further. Thanks.
Hi Swil,
Lets connect and discuss further
Email: ccie.39062@gmail.com
Thanks

ug_roots

Mar 7, 2018
Hello.

If the positive LMIA was received under Global Talent Stream Work permit, can it be used in the express entry application to receive additional 50 points

Swill

Feb 17, 2015
Hello.

If the positive LMIA was received under Global Talent Stream Work permit, can it be used in the express entry application to receive additional 50 points
yes, with an eligible job offer for a full-time permanent role.